Not open for further replies.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't really accurate.

If you just use an R4/M3SS skin, you're missing alot of the graphical components present in the DSTT's skinning system, and you end up with a half-assed looking setup.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't really accurate.

If you just use an R4/M3SS skin, you're missing alot of the graphical components present in the DSTT's skinning system, and you end up with a half-assed looking setup.

not ture ! not half-assed at all
mine just looks the same as my r4!

you just rename them form

r4 skin (logo ) change to bgup top screen
r4 skin (icons) or (bckgrd_2) or (bckgrd_2) change to bgdown i did it with bckgrd_2 bottom screen
but you can change any of the 4 r4 skins to go in you top or bottom screen

then copy and paste bgup & bgdown them in to your skins file on you dstt!, when asked if you want to replace the files just click yes
job done
good luck
let me know how you get on please

any probs let me know!

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
not ture ! not half-assed at all

The DSTT uses 42 images in its skin, you gave it 2.

Tell me how thats not "half-assed".

This is true.

Plus some skins have that rectangle in the middle because that's where the game picture is on. It'll look EH.

But I sorta agree though. If you just use one type of buttons/icon things then you're pretty much safe as you wont likely change it. But the thing is that the scroll bar might look screwed up because you didnt change that skin for that.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not ture ! not half-assed  at all

The DSTT uses 42 images in its skin, you gave it 2.

Tell me how thats not "half-assed".

This is true.

Plus some skins have that rectangle in the middle because that's where the game picture is on. It'll look EH.

But I sorta agree though. If you just use one type of buttons/icon things then you're pretty much safe as you wont likely change it. But the thing is that the scroll bar might look screwed up because you didnt change that skin for that.

just try it!
then if you dont like it putit back as it was
easy!

mine looks good works g8

S

scubersteve

You also have to change the hex codes in the skin.ini file, so that the coulours of everything look out of place.
Otherwise, this is half assed indeed.
Besides, don't most of the background pics for R4 have R4, or a picture of an R4 SOMEWHERE in the background? I've noticed that a LOT.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You also have to change the hex codes in the skin.ini file, so that the coulours of everything look out of place.
Besides, don't most of the background pics for R4 have R4, or a picture of an R4 SOMEWHERE in the background? I've noticed that a LOT.

you sir are a twat!

have you even tryed it?

leave my post alone!

S

scubersteve

twat? that's just cruel.
And yes, I have tried it, and some (if not, many) backgrounds conflict with the DSTT's text. why? because the background and the text are the SAME COLOUR!

Also:
The scrollbar, as well as many various buttons in the DSTT kernel don't exactly look too good with various R4 backgrounds.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sir are a twat!

have you even tryed it?

leave my post alone!
All you did is figure out how to rename an image. GOOD JOB SIR, YOU'RE A GENIUS.

If thats all the effort you put into it, most skins will look like shit. That is a fact.

I don't know why you keep trying to defend your obviously flawed point.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Oh yeah! True >_

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you sir are a twat!

have you even tryed it?

leave my post alone!

All you did is figure out how to rename an image. GOOD JOB SIR, YOU'RE A GENIUS.

If thats all the effort you put into it, most skins will look like shit. That is a fact.

I don't know why you keep trying to defend your obviously flawed point.

thank you for your kind words

i was just trying to help new b`s put there skins on there dstt

do you have a dstt?

your sir are a pinhead

if you want to see something that looks like shit , the i would say look at the usa!

http://www.ndsthemes.com/ link to 100`s of skins

S

scubersteve

lol.
You just flamed Urza.

If you wanted to help n00bz find skins for their DSTTs, you could have either made your own, or linked to other websites and/or threads.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

do you have a dstt?

your sir are a pinhead

if you want to see something that looks like shit , the i would say look at the usa!
For your information Mr. "I don't give up and will defend my patented 3 second skin porting technique to the death", I do in fact own a DSTT, and that sticky called the "DSTT FAQ" - complete with skinning guide - was put together by me.

This is nothing however compared to the advantage I possess by having eyes; which you must possibly not if you think simply swapping out the background images from another theme looks like anything but the creations of a manic 8 year old having a seizure on the library's public terminal.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

do you have a dstt?

your sir are a pinhead

For your information Mr. "I don't give up and will defend my patented 3 second skin porting technique to the death", I do in fact own a DSTT, and that sticky called the "DSTT FAQ" - complete with skinning guide - was put together by me.

This is nothing however compared to the advantage I possess by having eyes; which you must possibly not if you think simply swapping out the background images from another theme looks like anything but the creations of a manic 8 year old having a seizure on the library's public terminal.

hi i am 8 years old!

read your thing tougth it was crap you know half, arssed try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I wonder who will survive in prison I wonder who it will be!