Hacking r4 sdhc

soccerboy169

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanted to update the cheat file and i got it from this site http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ i tried the CHEAT file and didnt work then i put the USERCHEAT file and it did but some games are not showing cheats even tho it says updated games such as worms 2 and resident evil has cheats on them..can someone tell me what i am doing wrong and thank you

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The R4DS has a terrible cheat system with bugs in it. You need to look up R4CCE, which is a cheat file editor, and remove a bunch of games from the file. Basically remove all the ones you never play. Or switch over to YSMenu as the cheat system works fine in it.

soccerboy169

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i will try it out i am a such a noob right now when it comes to the r4 and im sry about that and it wasnt naming the file wrong just to many games n the file so i deleted some of the games and it work

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
soccerboy169 said:
ok i will try it out i am a such a noob right now when it comes to the r4 and im sry about that and it wasnt naming the file wrong just to many games n the file so i deleted some of the games and it work

Which version of the R4 do you have?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
There's so many versions of the R4 SDHC it's hard to tell just from the name! YSMenu doesn't work on them all which is why I asked/ Honestly tho, give YSMenu a try - if it works it'll save you alot of hassle with cheats and game compatibility.

soccerboy169

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i gave it a try and didnt work followed the directions from 2 different websites and youtube and didnt work i put back the version that i had from what i had before and now cheats dont want to work ugh

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you use R4YSauto? And when you told it to build the file did you select "Clone"? Do you have a box for your R4? If you do can you post the website it says to use, it's easier to identify the cart that way.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I know which one that is. YSMenu won't work on it unfortunately.
frown.gif
It's the latest one that's manafactured by M3. I'm surprised about the cheat bug tho, it doesn't use the original R4 firmware or a hack of it. Try installing the firmware again but download the usrcheat.dat file from the GBAtemp cheat database. Then copy that into the folder where cheats are supposed to go, that might work.

soccerboy169

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now it works...i reformated the sd card and put it in the firmware and the games back in and it works thank you very much for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs