R4-SDHC or DStt for dslite??

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Matusay, Nov 7, 2009.

Nov 7, 2009

R4-SDHC or DStt for dslite?? by Matusay at 9:30 PM (1,395 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Matusay
    OP

Newcomer Matusay Member

Mexico
    i'm aware that R4 and Dstt are basically the same, but given the choice, which one should I buy for better rom compatibility??

Its for a ds lite

the R4 they're selling me is this http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/aboute.asp (the normal, not the r4i)

The dstt the're selling me is probably a fake anyways (i guess nobody sells the real one anymore, at least not in Mexico)

The price is exactly the same.

Help please.

2. Matusay
    OP

Newcomer Matusay Member

Mexico
    lets say.... when zelda spirit tracks comes out... would it run most likely in a Dstt than in a R4-sdhc??

3. laxman0220

Member laxman0220 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Ok. The Dstt team is dead, but there is an unofficial team which are fixing game compatability. Everyone here is going to tell you to stay away from any kind of r4 due to the fakes being made, but that fake is one of the good ones. It's firmware is actually ahead of the official and unofficial firmware for dstt(1.17a07).

Don't listen to anyone here, just get the r4-sdhc. You can use the r4i-sdhc 1.12b firmware which is better than the dstt's firmware and you can also use the dstt 1.17a07 as a secondary firmware.

4. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    an exact copy from what Laxman said. the R4 is quickly updated, with almost 1 update every month. They also have a good e-mail support, but it's in very crappy english.

5. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Misery loves company.

6. laxman0220

Member laxman0220 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    ya when i email them, i get a reply the next day. You're right there first language isn't english.

7. Matusay
    OP

Newcomer Matusay Member

Mexico
    thanks, looks like a very obvious choice.