Hacking R4 SDHC help

DethDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am new to this and need some help. I just bought a R4 SDHC for pretty cheap, it was a bit of an impulse buy. But now I'm looking at all the firmware that I can use, what I didn't realize was how limited I am. I wanted to use Wood but then I learned that the R4 SDHC was a clone and couldn't run this (right?). Then I read some conflicted messages about if I could use YSmenu. So what I'm asking is what firmware should I use, where to get it, and if there are any guides that describe how to install/use it.

Thanks guys, hopefully this isn't a common question that gets asked every few days.

DethDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide somewhere on how to set it up for R4 SDHC?

Thanks for answering my stupid questions.

Sorry for the double post but this claims that Wood does work on R4 SDHC http://gbatemp.net/t221023-wood-r4-for-clones? . Theres so many damn contradictions on this site, now you understand why I'm so confused. Can someone confirm that Wood does or doesn't work and if this is the best choice for my card.

DethDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So technicaly it works but is in an early stage? I think I understand now but I must ask again, what firmware is suggested for me to use YSMenu or this Wood for clones project.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the web adress on the cart/box. Depending on which one it is there are some decent clones that are still updated for newer games.

DethDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'm back, with my R4 SDHC in my hands. I have set up YSMenu using R4YSauto, I believe I did it right because the set-up never gave me any errors. But now of course my DS is giving me an error message "Please put "loader.xxx" file into SD card". I actually haven't tried the files from the card makers site yet because it's a whopping 49MB (I'm on Dial-up by the way).

Remember to take it easy on my soft newbie exo-skeleton.
smile.gif

Update: Now downloading a2h's generator. If that doesn't help I'm going to try formating my card and starting from scratch.
Update 2: Formated and trying a2h's generator again. I currently still get the loader.xxx error. If it doesn't work this time I guess ill have to download the firmware from the site provided by the box. *sigh*

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's because of the flashcart. Its looking for that file to load the firmware. I have no idea which clone you have, but you could try renaming ysmenu.nds to the loader.xxx (or maybe encrypt it with R4denc first and then rename it...either way, try out both...though I'm pretty sure it isn't .xxx for the format). You could also try downloading the firmware (might take you a while, but if it works then all for the better right?) and then running the ysmenu.nds as a homebrew (might need to dldi patch it though).

DethDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 Hours of downloading but it worked. Sadly it's not YSMenu, but it seams to be fairly up to date. Thanks Jurassic, for the advice, ill try out all your suggestions at a later time.

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
if you have a latest filware try to erase the archives of the folder _sistem_ and leave the folders of that folder , only erase the archives , and put the ysauto , and work! i say u this if you have r4sdhc.com oohhh and the filmware have a ysmenu named pandora , erase that too ! luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu