r4 sdhc dual core 2013 problem!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HDmvp41, Mar 30, 2013.

1. HDmvp41
    OP

HDmvp41 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    Kennewick, Washington
    So I Just received my cart and I tried the update option and it screwed up the cart. It now shows some japanese game instead of the original spongebob game it showed before I updated. I cannot figure out how to downgrade the firmware version. Any solutions?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The icon changing is part of the process to boot on a DSi/3DS, flash carts fake themselves as real games, and sometimes they use Japanese ones.

What's the actual issue?

3. Syphurith

Syphurith Beginner

Mar 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
    Congratulations for your title change.

Well if that does nothing wrong at all i suggest you not try to downgrade.
    At least i didn't hear any flash carts can downgrade their firmware (Or my information out-of-date.)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    You can generally just run an older version of a firmware "update" file (since they actually just re-write the whole bootloader at once, which is why they'll also unbrick), but outside of a few cases people don't bother since they usually need the updated bootloader anyways.

5. HDmvp41
    OP

HDmvp41 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    Kennewick, Washington

well the problem is when I first downloaded the kernel everything worked just fine. but ever since I updated it says i need to restart my 3ds and it does not work. Will it work if i go on a ds lite and put the told firmware from the original working state on it?

6. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    I don't know about that cart in particular.

7. stultz115

stultz115 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2013
    Jamaica
    Mandeville, Jamaica
    same thing happened to me only thhat mined dont work in the ds eitheur after i updated it. it shows loadng then turns blank

8. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    There is no card update the "2013" version of the dual-core card (yet)
    The update you applied to the card was from the "new" (aka 2012) card page which was a fix for 4.5.0-10 (and 5.1.0-11)

I have a bunch of these cards but am not so stupid to apply a card patch from a different model card because something like this can happen. I would test myself but do not want to pointlessly brick a card.