OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi
lately i bought ds lite with R4, but i got problem with loading screen
I already tried 10 differents soft but still get same error, can anyone know what soft should i get

thanks in advance for your help ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0130[1].JPG
    DSC_0130[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,207

wielkiec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks, but this didnt work, still get black screen with white loading -_-

I have checked already 4 diffrents sd cards with no luck

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
try updating your firmware (nice find those are phased out) http://www.r4wood.com/pages/wood-r4-kernel.html

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks, but this didnt work, still get black screen with white loading -_-

I have checked already 4 diffrents sd cards with no luck

what console are you trying to use it on?

try updating your firmware (nice find those are phased out) http://www.r4wood.com/pages/wood-r4-kernel.html

also key note. the orginal r4ds cant use storage bigger than 2gb

also key note. the orginal r4ds cant use storage bigger than 2gb
i would reccomend an R4i 3DS SDHC RTS as it supports nds ndsl dsi and 3ds and is being actively developed on (as apposed to being dead since 8/12/2013) and can be used with upto 32gb

Last edited by MarioMasta64,

wielkiec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi

I'm using ds lite (model USG-001)

All cards are 1Gb or 2Gb, i wanted to use that programator not to buy a new one

Attachments

• DSC_0131[1].jpg
    DSC_0131[1].jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 549

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
when launching a game or when booting?
Edit: apparently there is newer firmware for those old cards http://r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp try downloading youre firmware from here and retrying

Edit: apparently there is newer firmware for those old cards http://r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp try downloading youre firmware from here and retrying
also the problem is that the card is having problems reading all the files off the microsd

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i would reccomend an R4i 3DS SDHC RTS as it supports nds ndsl dsi and 3ds and is being actively developed on (as apposed to being dead since 8/12/2013) and can be used with upto 32gb
It isn't really actively developed on and even if there are new "features" the r4i gold 3ds already has them. There is no good reason to suggest a R4i 3DS SDHC RTS over a r4i gold 3ds (r4ids.cn).

There never was a firmware update for the original r4 cards. The kernels on the website that you linked can't be used with the original R4. The kernel Ryccardo linked is the right one. If that one doesn't work he either didn't extract the archive or the card doesn't work any more.

@OP
Can you post a screenshot of the files on the SD card (using the wood kernel in the second post)? Maybe cleaning the contacts of the R4 helps.

every r4 ever actually is there
That is incorrect as well. There have been many more r4 cards than listed on the site. It's just the cards from one single manufacturer.

Reactions: Ryccardo

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
It isn't really actively developed on and even if there are new "features" the r4i gold 3ds already has them. There is no good reason to suggest a R4i 3DS SDHC RTS over a r4i gold 3ds (r4ids.cn).

There never was a firmware update for the original r4 cards. The kernels on the website that you linked can't be used with the original R4. The kernel Ryccardo linked is the right one. If that one doesn't work he either didn't extract the archive or the card doesn't work any more.

@OP
Can you post a screenshot of the files on the SD card (using the wood kernel in the second post)? Maybe cleaning the contacts of the R4 helps.
scroll down the page youre looking for te one that says r4 revolution (without the i mark)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
It's only for the cards developed by r4i-sdhc.com (and maybe clones). But there were serveral other r4 (without i) manufacturers.
also the r4 hasnt been updated since 2013.
It's only for the cards developed by r4i-sdhc.com (and maybe clones). But there were serveral other r4 (without i) manufacturers.

But still https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/dl-wood-r4-1-62-f32256.html is a more official link. The page you linked is a shop.
i never trusted filetrip or sharing sites much

plus they both give the same file and the site i provided gives instructions and more

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
also the r4 hasnt been updated since 2013.
Which r4 are you talking about?

i never trusted filetrip or sharing sites much
filetrip belongs to gbatemp. The wood kernel for the original r4 was exclusively released for gbatemp. You should trust every file sharing page more than r4 shops.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the wood kernel hasnt been updated since 1.6.2 (2013)
Because it isn't necessary. It supports almost all games perfectly (much better than r4i-sdhc.com), it has more features (about everything that is possible with the given hardware) and it doesn't have a hardcoded expiration date like the r4i-sdhc.com kernel which is the only reason why the card still gets updates.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Which r4 are you talking about?

filetrip belongs to gbatemp. The wood kernel for the original r4 was exclusively released for gbatemp. You should trust every file sharing page more than r4 shops.
the wood kernel hasnt been updated since 1.6.2 (2013
Because it isn't necessary. It supports almost all games perfectly (much better than r4i-sdhc.com), it has more features (about everything that is possible with the given hardware) and it doesn't have a hardcoded expiration date like the r4i-sdhc.com kernel which is the only reason why the card still gets updates.
but 2gb of space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs