Hacking R4 Revolution 3 for DS

prec_tec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am an M3 buyer usually but thought I give R4 a go, I’m nice like that. So I decided to purchase 15, R4 Revolution III from Tecknet via Amazon as I heard they are the next best thing.

I didn't realise there was so much speculation over the product I ordered so I thought I would clear some questions up and raise a few.

I have seen the original R4 packaging before and what the R4 Rev 3 arrived in was something quite different. The box was much smaller, the USB pen is the same but the label writing on the card is slightly different, it says Super Card in large writing and then under it in small writing it says R4 Revolution 3 for DS.

You can view the packaging here:

http://www.tecknetdirect.co.uk/Search.aspx?str=r4

There is a website on the packaging that says

http://www.ndslr4.com

This is a genuine site and is in mandarin, you can get the latest SYSTEM FILE there for Rev 3 cards only, the system file from any other R4 site will NOT work on Rev 3!!! Believe me I've tried

This site doesn’t always connect for me, I sometimes get an out of service message, so keep trying.
If this card has a problem, for me it would be getting hold of the system file updates.

As for the SDHC, I can confirm that it will work with Sandisk 4gb cards and suspect it should with larger cards and other brands.

There doesn't appear to be any problems playing games on it, I downloaded all the newest games to check its compatibility and it ran them all flawlessly.

Last but not least, the question you all want to know the answer to, the question thats been on your mind since you began reading this info, thats right, you know what i'm talking about......

IS IT A REAL R4 CARD OR A CLONE?

The answer is, I don't know, but I know this, it plays all games and runs SDHC cards
So the question really should be.......
DOES IT MATTER?

Personally, I think it is a genuine product from the makers of the original R4 but looks to only be circulating in China as there is no UK site. Maybe Tecknet went over there, saw this product and bought it.

If you know for fact that is a clone then state your source

The one question I really want answering about this card is can it damage your DS so you can't play original games?
I have read a few accounts that say it can

If a guy at the pub said its fake and you think well it must be true, don't bother answering

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and why did you buy 15 outdated peace of shit R4 fake cards with out doing proper research! The info is right on this very website if you would have taken the time to look it up or ask questions.

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
a lot of people still want to buy r4 so theres a market to buy 15 or 50 r4s if get a good price.

a lot of these people will be 100% happy with the r4 cos its the best piece of electronic ever!

and nobody of them will ever regret buying r4!

these kiddies bashing r4 i remember them bashing nintendo gamecube when ps2 came out!

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prec_tec said:
IS IT A REAL R4 CARD OR A CLONE?

The answer is, I don't know, but I know this, it plays all games and runs SDHC cards
So the question really should be.......
DOES IT MATTER?
The question is: If these damn n00bs have games that wont work, will we respond to their retarded plea for help?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
kingkong said:
a lot of people still want to buy r4 so theres a market to buy 15 or 50 r4s if get a good price.

a lot of these people will be 100% happy with the r4 cos its the best piece of electronic ever!

and nobody of them will ever regret buying r4!

these kiddies bashing r4 i remember them bashing nintendo gamecube when ps2 came out!

They'll regret it when they start needing to Arm patch their games and there clueless about how to do it. More and more stuff isn't working on the R4, clones or real.

prec_tec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

Tecknet have agreed to accept these cards back, I will let you know how I get on with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2