R4 question

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by wtfATOM, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010

R4 question by wtfATOM at 1:26 AM (1,342 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. wtfATOM
    OP

Newcomer wtfATOM Advanced Member

United States
    So my friend just bought an r4 and it looks weird. It says NDSL r4 revolution 3 for ds and on top it says new edition..
    I'm wondering if wood works on this and what firmware to put. Also, I'm wondering what i have to put on the chip to make it work since i have an m3 and r4 firmware and stuff are different.

2. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    It sounds like what your friend has is a fake, but that doesn't always mean it's useless. Try running Wood or YSMenu and see if it works properly. I prefer Wood, but it's all a matter of personal preference.

EDIT: Scratch what I said about official firmware, I heard it can brick a DS running a clone.

3. wtfATOM
    OP

United States

What does "brick" a DS mean? And should i still put wood on it?

4. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    Brick means the DS has the electric functionalities of a brick, ie it won't do anything. I'd suggest trying to run Wood on it.

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Dunno if you have seen the post above yours yet or not, but if you haven't...
    "Brick" a DS means means that you screwed up your DS so bad that turning on the power is the same as having it off. It also means that your DS's value is less than the cost of a brick because at least a real brick can be used to build a sturdy house whereas a useless DS can't build a sturdy anything. You should try to put wood on it. If WoodR4 works, congratz and count yourself lucky...if it doesn't then don't ask questions and resign yourself to whatever crummy firmware goes with your flashcart or spend some time figuring out YSMenu in hopes that it will work.

6. snakerune112

Newcomer snakerune112 Member

Ireland
  7. wtfATOM
    OP

United States
    After seeing the post that was above mine, that was the reason i asked what it meant.

8. wtfATOM
    OP

United States
    Also I tried adding the firmware but the screen freezes and says " Loading...."