Dymlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a R4 for more than a year and last week it started acting wierd. It oftenly hang on the " Loading... " screen or say " Couldn't find the SD/TF card ". I must remove the R4 and the microSD and re-insert them multiple times for it to work. I though at first it might be my microSD, but I got it at the same time I bought my R4 and it's working fine when I plug it on my comp. Is there any fix for that or my R4 is dead?

If my R4 is dead, should I buy a new one or go with one of the news 1-slot cards? If so, which one should I get, I'm not much into homebrew and lots of features, all I need is one with great compatibility for games.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT- Luckily a friend came over with his Cyclo, I tried my microSD on his Cyclo and it doesn't work all the time. I guess this mean my microSD is dying. Thanks to everyone that read and tried to help.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And if you're R4 really does die, then buy a DSTT. It's only 19 bucks (While the R4 is double that), while it's faster. And if you don't like it's interface, you can use what's called the YSmenu, to make it look like a R4 GUI.

what a day

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Dymlos said:
EDIT- Luckily a friend came over with his Cyclo, I tried my microSD on his Cyclo and it doesn't work all the time. I guess this mean my microSD is dying. Thanks to everyone that read and tried to help.

Sorry, I didn't notice this.

But how's tf card? got a chance to test it?

Dymlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for late reply, I just got back home from a small trip with a friend.

I called my friend with the Cyclo again and ask him if I could try his Sandisk 2GB, after putting the R4 firmware on it, I found out my R4 kept hanging on " Loading... " or " Couldn't find the SD/TF card ". I tried my microSD on his Cyclo again and it was working fine this time. I really don't know why my microSD wasn't working last time, but now it seem to be running fine on his Cyclo. I think my R4 might be dead for real.

DSTT sound nice, but the only site I know that is safe is gamersection.ca and they sell it for 37$. I live in Canada and most of the time, buying from a U.S site cost more because of the shipping and borderline crossing fees. If I can't get any other sites, should I get the DSTT for 37$ or get the Cyclo for 54$? I don't really know which one is the best.

Thanks.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can get a DSTT from Dealextreme for $20.50 USD, which shouldn't be that much of a problem since USD isn't worth anything anymore
tongue.gif
. They also offer free worldwide shipping, which makes it a good deal.

If you do want to get it from Gamersection.ca, I would get the Cyclo instead, as it is a really good a quality cart, with a lot of features. The DSTT is more of a budget card, which gets the job done but lacks the extra features such as real time save, slow motion, and it's it doesn't cost that much more than the DSTT from that site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: