Gaming r4 --> Partly Chinese?

Shadz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys, my r4 has been working like a charm but then i added a cheat compilation and now the language for some stuff is in Chinese or Korean or something (definitely symbols) and i dont know.

Its just the stuff like where it used to say "loading game" and the buttons/icons in the CHEAT (Y) option. If anybody could tell me how to fix or help me fix i would be very happy =).

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
Update your firmware.

And to answer the thread's topic, no, it's not partly Chinese, it's 100% Chinese with English language added.

Shadz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, the firmware is updated to v1.18 which is the most recent. And yes, im sure the cheats arent chinese because:

1) i took it from this site.
2) the part where it says "game loading" is in Chinese as well.

Shadz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Have you got a Chinese instead of an English R4? Is it definitely the English firmware you're running?

Its definetly an English R4, ive had since December 07 and its ALL been english and running brilliantly until about 2 weeks ago, when it started saying stuff in Chinese (such as game loading), which was about the time i added a new CHEAT.DAT and usrcheat.dat to the system. I think there is a patch or something along those lines to make it all english but i cant find it anywhere...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Have you got a Chinese instead of an English R4? Is it definitely the English firmware you're running?

That's an easy one to check unless its been re-cased ..... as usually original Chinese R4 cards are/were White in color
smile.gif

This could also be the cheat flaw of R4 ds cards having a cheat file thats too big to be used ...

So if you have no need to use Chinese cheats at all then just use the CHEAT(UE).DAT from Narin's cheat files instead of the USRCHEAT file as this does not contain the Chinese cheats that swell the cheat file to beyond the R4 capability's
smile.gif

note its advised to use either ONE of the cheat files.. and NOT BOTH as it can cause issues/conflicts with the other cheats in the other file
frown.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shadz said:
now i get a message saying "the hardware is not compatible"....Shittttt

copy everything OFF the card to computer and then format your memory card ....

copy back the FULL ENGLISH R4 1.18 kernel files

I have a mirror for them here

unzip the file and copy the files to your mem card as before

make a folder and call it ROMS or GAMES put all of your backed up save files and game files into this folder (reason mem cards suffer with a maximum of 512 files in the root folder issue try any more and it will say error or full even though there is still space on the card! this includes sav files along with game files and other files music,pics etc)

then put the CHEAT(UE).DAT file on the card and remove any that are there already and try just the 1 cheat file
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021