Hacking R4 NtrBoot

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I hope they get the dual cores working as i have one although I've got a r4i gold on order.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Yeah... Have you used ysmenu? It's awful. I'd rather have to change my date ha ha.

Slow and buggy for me.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
It is doing its job (playing ds games). I don't care about how good does the menu look like, I care about the games.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope that NTRBoot disable that TimeBomb thingy on R4 DualCore flashcarts, would be a nice secondary feature.
That's not how that works at all. You'd still have to write custom firmware after you figure out how to flash custom firmware (not kernel) onto it.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's not how that works at all. You'd still have to write custom firmware after you figure out how to flash custom firmware (not kernel) onto it.

Good to know, but I've already know how does NTRBoot works.
Anyway, isn't the kernel the one responsible of that crappy time bomb? If it was the firmware, using another compatible one would modify and might disable the time bomb "easily". AFAIK.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good to know, but I've already know how does NTRBoot works.
Anyway, isn't the kernel the one responsible of that crappy time bomb? If it was the firmware, using another compatible one would modify and might disable the time bomb "easily". AFAIK.
Yeah, that's exactly why YSMenu works after the "expiry date". Either way, NTRBoot can do nothing for the timebomb.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If it's not listed in the op it either doesn't work or hasn't been tested, it would be much easier to try it yourself than hang around waiting for someone with the same card to come along and try it when you could just try it and know in a few minutes

Reactions: Khim09

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time I've been bashed. I asked nicely.
Anyway I read, what I meant was "I just wanted to try and don't care if it bricks".
That's not bashing. It's kinda encouraging you to go read instead of being like the others asking the same questions everytime. It's all on the main ntr thread in the first post

Reactions: Khim09

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2