Hacking r4 issues

nds921

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i bought the r4 sdhc rts lite silver for my 3ds, and i can't get it to work properly(on firm 1.28). I can play games on it, but the real time save, soft reset, and cheats don't seem to work. For the cheats I've tried everything, from d/l usrcheats.dat, to creating my own using the code manager, and cheat code editor, but to no avail. I finally fell upon this site where people had knowledge of this kind of thing so I created an account, and here I am. Help..

8-bit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 is fake prolly. Ever since the feds ban them, the "new" ones are all phonies. Go buy an Acekard 2i.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 is fake prolly. Ever since the feds ban them, the "new" ones are all phonies. Go buy an Acekard 2i.
Dude, help the guy or don't answer. Your answer didn't address his question. The new R4 and R4i cards work, they're just clones of the original R4 card. They cloned a card that worked fantastic. Just saying...

@[member='nds921']
OK, check your globalsettings.ini file and make sure it is directed properly to your usrcheat.dat file and everything is spelled correctly. Most likely that is the problem. It's either that, or you have your usrcheat.dat file at the root of your micro sd card instead of inside the "cheats" folders that is inside of the "SYSTEM" folder of your flash card's kernel, where it belongs. Report back if it works. :D

nds921

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried what you told me and everything is in order. I can even select the cheats I want, but in game nothing changes. I don't know what else to do, I might just have to buy another card after waiting 1 month to get this one. So disappointed

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a new card. Which games are not allowing cheats because there are some problematic games? Where did you d/l your usrcheat.dat file from? Have you used R4cce to check if your rom file matches up with the usrcheat.dat entry?

nds921

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games that i've tried to cheat with are ff 4, new super mario bros, and pokemon white. I made my own usrcheat with the code manager, and cheat code editor. What is r4cce? Sorry I'm clueless about these things.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you didn't check what I told you to. I just downloaded your kernel and the globalsettings.ini file, bundled with your flash card's kernel, is setup wrong! The file (globalsettings.ini) resides in your "SYSTEM" folder, located at the root of your micro sd card. It should say cheatsDB = fat1:/SYSTEM/cheats/ENG.dat if you use their version of usrcheat.dat. You can just rename their ENG.dat to usrcheat.dat making the change to the file pointing I just mentioned and it would work.
Anyways, go inside your "SYSTEM" folder and open the file globalsettings.ini with NotePad (just double click it if you use Windows Operating Ssytem), and make sure it says what I just wrote (exactly) and cheats will work. The globalsettings.ini file was directed to look for cheats here "cheatsDB = fat1:/_rpg/cheats/English.dat" which doesn't even exist because you don't have a "_rpg" folder and there is no English.dat file inside of the "cheats" folder.

***NOTE***
You can use the newest usrcheat.dat file (named that way) BUT if you do, make sure inside the globalsettings.ini file to change where it says cheatsDB = fat1:/SYSTEM/cheats/------------

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your card from here www.r4isdhc.com?

Dude, I just downloaded the kernel from where you got yours and it has the same exact problem. Find someone who understands computers better than you and have them read my instructions and your cheats will then work. I wish you luck. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol