Hacking R4 gold pro does not appear the game icon in the 3DsXl menu

Jair_solid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, so the icon for the bomberman land game that should appear in the 3dsxl menu is not showing, I have a Nintendo DSi and there the R4 gold pro works perfectly, does anyone know if there is a way to make it work?

it's not my console but it looks like this when i insert the r4:

sorry i can't post images: /, if you search for this topic here you can see how my screen looks, first photo posted by user Srayeals: R4i gold pro: no icon just blank .

Jair_solid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know how ntrboot affects an dsi but, is ntrboot flashed? If it doesn't appear on the 3ds home menu, sounds for me the ntrboot exploit is flashed onto the flashcard. You can remove it via ntrboot. It is worth a try.

3ds has already been unlocked, I didn't need to do any unlocking procedure, when I try to do the ntrboot process to reinstall the firmware on the r4 gold pro it sends a message saying that my flashcard is not supported

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Section V - Removing ntrboot
  1. Download the ntrboot_flasher, and add it on the 3DS system's SD card.
    • sdmc:/luma/payloads/ntrboot_flasher.firm
  2. Download the R4iSDHC_GOLD_Pro_20XX-Flashrom.zip with qBittorrent.
  3. Extract the r4isdhc-backup.bin with 7-Zip, and place this on the 3DS system's SD card.
    • sdmc:/ntrboot/r4isdhc-backup.bin
  4. Insert the R4iSDHC Gold Pro 20XX flashcart into the game cart slot. Safely eject from computer, and insert SD card into 3DS SD card slot.
  5. Turn on the 3DS system → hold the (START) button → Luma3DS chainloaderntrboot_flasherR4iSDHC familyRestore Flash.
  6. Boot to HOME Menu. If the DS mode flashrom has been successfully restore, the Touch! Bomberman Land should be visible.
For the microSD card that inserts into the flashcart,
  1. Copy everything off the microSD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.
  4. If the card passes, delete the *.h2w test files. If an error was detected, replace the hardware failed card and go back to step 1.
  5. Copy everything from computer back onto the microSD card.
  6. Download and extract the files of R4iSDHC series kernel/language of choice to the microSD card.
    • Example: R4i-V4.0b English.zip
    • sdmc:/moonmemo
    • sdmc:/moonshl2
    • sdmc:/R4iMenu
    • sdmc:/R4.dat
  7. Bypass the time bomb by also adding YS Menu to the microSD card.
    • RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.0#.7z
    • R4i-SDHC YSMenu
    • sdmc:/Games
    • sdmc:/TTMenu
    • sdmc:/TTMenu.dat
    • sdmc:/YSMenu.nds

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: tfocosta

Jair_solid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Section V - Removing ntrboot
  1. Download the ntrboot_flasher, and add it on the 3DS system's SD card.
    • sdmc:/luma/payloads/ntrboot_flasher.firm
  2. Download the R4iSDHC_GOLD_Pro_20XX-Flashrom.zip with qBittorrent.
  3. Extract the r4isdhc-backup.bin with 7-Zip, and place this on the 3DS system's SD card.
    • sdmc:/ntrboot/r4isdhc-backup.bin
  4. Insert the R4iSDHC Gold Pro 20XX flashcart into the game cart slot. Safely eject from computer, and insert SD card into 3DS SD card slot.
  5. Turn on the 3DS system → hold the (START) button → Luma3DS chainloaderntrboot_flasherR4iSDHC familyRestore Flash.
  6. Boot to HOME Menu. If the DS mode flashrom has been successfully restore, the Touch! Bomberman Land should be visible.
For the microSD card that inserts into the flashcart,
  1. Copy everything off the microSD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.
  4. If the card passes, delete the *.h2w test files. If an error was detected, replace the hardware failed card and go back to step 1.
  5. Copy everything from computer back onto the microSD card.
  6. Download and extract the files of R4iSDHC series kernel/language of choice to the microSD card.
    • Example: R4i-V4.0b English.zip
    • sdmc:/moonmemo
    • sdmc:/moonshl2
    • sdmc:/R4iMenu
    • sdmc:/R4.dat
  7. Bypass the time bomb by also adding YS Menu to the microSD card.
    • RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.0#.7z
    • R4i-SDHC YSMenu
    • sdmc:/Games
    • sdmc:/TTMenu
    • sdmc:/TTMenu.dat
    • sdmc:/YSMenu.nds

I tried friend, in the 5th step when I press sdhc family it takes a little while and then the message appears: Your flashcard is not supported.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's working with your DSi, it seems unlikely that it has been flashed incorrectly.

Have you tried booting the R4 with NTR Launcher or TWiLightMenu?

Jair_solid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Solved people, I'll post here that serves as an alert for everyone, checking the pins in the slot to insert the cartridges I noticed that there were four bent pins and going short (all pins in this slot have to be straight). I took a needle, I removed it and now my r4 is working normally, I thank everyone here for helping me ^^, guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So Bonzi buddy was an evil version of Alexa lol
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it should be 18 or the age you're an adult should be 21.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i know what you may be thinking, "why become an adult at 21? doesn't that mean that banging an 18 year old would be illegal?"
    first of all, being in a relationship with someone who's 18 is technically ok, as long as it started when they were 18, but the age gap is still weird depending on how old you are. besides, the age of consent differs between different states
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also my reasoning for adult age being 21 is because the reason that's the drinking (and now smoking) age is because it "gives them more time to think rationally and not drive drunk"
    so you should have that extra time to mature and think rationally before going to serve in the military or vote
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr the "adult" age and the legal drinking age (and voting age) here in the US should be the same
    +4
    It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about making kids wait till 18 or 21 to drive? And yea is messed up, you can join army and die for your country at age 18, but you can't drink alcohol or smoke a cig til 21, is ridiculous
    +3
    If someone is in the military they should be allowed to smoke and drink at 18.... Would help drive recruitment lol
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all know they do and will anyways. I think laws prevented them only pushes them to illegally do it. Even tho if was legal, most prob wouldn't even bother. Not a big deal or risque if its legal, no fun.
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    That's why some kids don't mind having a rap sheet or two just so they never get drafted
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also, i think the voting age should match the adult and drinking ages too, because by the logic of giving them time to mature and think rationally so they don't drive drunk, then they should also have that time to mature and think rationally so they can think for themselves
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fucking hell i'm becoming a mini leo with the way i yap aren't i?
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    I was unable to create the VM for the debloat windows, but found the video where I learned it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZm6mY3I7J4
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you def no leo, and I like your insight. You are a smart Baked cookie.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    "i promise not to get all political and/or philosophical"
    3 drinks later:
    "so yeah think for yourself and i think the government sucks"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is @BigOnYa drunk again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    no, i was poking fun at myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again? I have a IV feeding me so I never come down.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because self deprecating humor is important, as long as it doesn't turn into self hate. because you can't really make fun of anyone if you can't even make fun of yourself
    +2
    Booze enemas are real lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    that explains a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, invented the first ever pill that gets you instantly hammered, now filling the streets of Miami
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, invented the first ever pill that gets you instantly hammered, now filling the streets...