R4 freezing often, occasionally not recognized

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Banooneh, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Banooneh
    OP

Newcomer Banooneh Newbie

New Zealand
    Okay, so I've searched around, but everyone seems to have different answers on this subject, so I've decided to post this topic for a more up-to-date answer on it (Sorry.)

In the last few days, my R4DS has been occasionally freezing up at random points during games; it doesn't appear to be one specific game, either - it spans more or less every game from various companies. Every so often, it even fails to recognize the R4, instead taking me to the regular DS menu, until I turn it off and reinsert the R4 cart and/or the MicroSD card. I'm using an authentic R4 (I'm 99.9% sure it's real), firmware 1.18, and a DS Lite. I have tried reformatting; in fact, it's only started happening SINCE I reformatted (last time I reformatted it was thanks to SD card corruption)

I don't know what to do or what's causing the problem, whether it's the contacts or the DS itself or whatever. If you can help, thanks in advance.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    use the panasonic formatter,then get YSMenu(read sticky)and on the step of using DSTT firmware 1.17a07 get a12 instead
    another fix-get a different flashcart

3. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    This happened to me, except it was only a few days since I opened the packaging and the SD Card hadn't been formatted before.. It means your SD Card will soon need to be reformatted again.

4. Banooneh
    OP

Newcomer Banooneh Newbie

New Zealand
    Is it because of me reformatting due to corruption? What'll happen if I don't reformat? ._.
    I've had my R4 for around a year now, so it's not exactly new