Hacking R4 DS Vs Acekard 2

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If only I got a nickle for every time this question was asked, I'd have about a hundred nickles!

Whether the SCDS1 is better than the AK2 depends on how you define "better." The SCDS1 has a somewhat sluggish and overly complicated menu system. But it has some features that the AK2 doesn't have, most notably real-time game state dumps. The AK2 has a beautiful, responsive, and easy to use menu system and it's slightly less expensive. But it doesn't have real-time game state dumps.

So, if game state dumps are more important to you than the menu or price, go with the SCDS1. Otherwise, the AK2 may be a better choice.

-Bri

H4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
saso-labs.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I own a M3 DS Simply and ordered an AK2 for possible replacement and got mine last week.

I have a AK2.1 now for 2 days and experiencing only white screens on any game if cheats are on and a very slow loading of a game folder with only 25 games in it. (Only for backlight codes, normal cheats are working. Faster if using USRCHEAT.DAT).
I'm using a SanDisk 2GB non-SDHC card. Using the GBAtemp cheats.

I have tried serveral tricks (including SDFormatter) and I think the AK has a very poor DLDI driver.
In cf_bench, my AK2.1 is 20-50% SLOWER then my M3 DS Simply on the SAME microSD.

I mean, whats that? Why is the AK2 so f*cking slow?
I like the menu and the cheats functions (even more if they would work...).

I don't want to bother your decision, but until now, the M3 Simply works finer than my AK2 and the building quality is also much better :/
Any hints?

Here are my charts for cf_bench on both cards. Same SanDisk 2GB MicroSD.

d24d49c51ae7.png

e14bcb6401ef.png

eldhand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I Buy ak2 are you promise me that it wouldn't be like it was for h4andy.

And can ak2 play the newest games, like Sonic Chronicles The Dark Brotherhood

H4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
saso-labs.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
eldhand said:
If I Buy ak2 are you promise me that it wouldn't be like it was for h4andy.
My AK is now working better. Only the backlight codes aren't working (see this thread).

QUOTE(eldhand @ Sep 26 2008, 02:56 PM) And can ak2 play the newest games, like Sonic Chronicles The Dark Brotherhood
I can test that, but until now everything have worked fine for me.

jy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I switched from the R4 when I found out mine was a fake. Much happier with my AK2. It's just nicer!

The interface, mainly.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-