Hacking R4 DS skins

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@brn: Just because you don't get any comments doesn't mean someone won't download it. I hardly got comments for my crap but I just make the skins for myself and up them to mavisxp's for those that would like to use them. We all have different tastes.

And also remember that not everyone go in here for skins. Sometime ago some guy msged me how he found my skins on some site that wasn't mavisxp's.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is that there are many skins that I downloaded from this thread. Great work to ALL that contributed. I mean that.

My only problem is that I only have room for 12 at a time on the R4 and I've got to choose from so many......oh the pain.
wink.gif

daspazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm using Nippon Sunrise on my R4 at the mo.  Looks great on my white DSL

Heheheh, I knew it would look good on the white DS, Thats why I made it
biggrin.gif

Looks good on my Daughters pink DS too, but the bottom ROM screen is a little busy. I could use some scaling down so that the graphics are closer to the bottom of the page. Then all the text that pops up would be visible.

Just my dos centavos!
wink.gif

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
Ediblebird: hate to sound like an asshole, but people aren't interested in FFXII around here, I posted a skin a few pages back and noone even mentioned it. So don't bother with themÂ
dry.gif

I never made this skin for other people, i made because i wanted something like this to use on my own ds. once i was happy with it i thought i would share it with anyone who wants it, even if they dont tell that they like it.

daspazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ how exactly do I apply the one above to my DS?

I tried replacing the files, but nothing..?

What do you mean?

You can erase all themes folders in _system_ folder and use only one skin, or you can put the skin files (bmps and theme.ini only) in one of 12 theme folders. You can select the desired skin by pressing the select button.

I guess that will do. Someone say if it ain't right, please.

You are correct sir! I did that very same thing to my daughter DS, now she can pick the theme she wants for the day, from the 12 available, by pressing select.

It's really cool.

I will be doing the same thing with my R4 when it gets here!

Zazie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Second skinning attempt from me, complete with actual download and customized .ini(to my tastes, at least).

yuki1fs5.jpg

yuki2rs8.jpg

Download here.

The .ini has it set to white text with black backing. this was done because I personally prefer to see the actual background as opposed to things covering it up. If you're used to using your R4 regularly you should pretty much know where certain games are, anyway.
If you don't like that, but still like the skin itself feel free to alter the .ini.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Second skinning attempt from me, complete with actual download and customized .ini(to my tastes, at least).

yuki1fs5.jpg

yuki2rs8.jpg

Download here.

The .ini has it set to white text with black backing. this was done because I personally prefer to see the actual background as opposed to things covering it up. If you're used to using your R4 regularly you should pretty much know where certain games are, anyway.
If you don't like that, but still like the skin itself feel free to alter the .ini.

Can you make one with the rest of the SOS brigade?

Zazie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited that post about a few seconds after you replied -.-

Oh well, here was the edit:

Woah.
SOS Brigade skin done... Already.

sosbrigadebe6.jpg

Download here.
Mirror.

Same .ini as the Yuki skin.
If you want a different logo.bmp/icons.bmp PM me with whatever picture(s) you'd like for me to attempt to use for them.

Though, now that I think about it I could do the SOS Brigade emblem as the logo...
iunno, I'll probably tweak it and post it up again sometime.
But after running it on my R4 it seems rather smooth looking and pleasing. The only thing I'm not a fan of with it is how the emblem is treated as bckgrd_2.bmp -.-

Oh well. I'll work on it when I get some more free time or something.

Oh, and I'll be sure to upload to there soon or something.

Oh. And I screwed up the SOS emblem on this...
Anyone who plans on using it will need to edit it into flipping it horizontal to fix it...

-edit-

And the new and improved, which flows a hell of a lot better:

1178346718_sosbrigade2.jpg

Download here.

There. You made me spend like, an hour on and off on a project that wasn't even my idea.
And it flows bloody fucking well.
I hope you're proud of yourself, jchen.

*yawn*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding