Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nu500.com
XP
Country
Got my R4 after the sterling review from this site
smile.gif

It came from www.mrmodchips.co.uk and arrived next day. Same cant be said for the 1gb micro SD card. Ordered from www.7dayshop.com, seems like the 7 day in the title is for the 7 days it takes to arrive!

Couldn't wait, as soon as the R4 arrived I went into town and got ripped off on a 128mb one at carphone warehouse to keep me going till the 1gb turned up.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Ordered 4xR4DS from Winsunx, and just got the Micro SD cards from picstop.co.uk this morning.

So far everything is working great...tested all the carts and no problems.
grog.gif

Dorkboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! Long time lurker but finally got the courage to buy a R4
smile.gif

Purchased both the R4DS and the memory card from http://shop.01media.com/ as I saw they finally had them in stock again.

Not had time to test everything yet, so much to do and so little time
tongue.gif

Also, could owners of the gray'ish USB connector with 2 diamonds tell me how reliable it is? Even tho the memory card was cheap I'd rather not buy a new one
smile.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ive had my r4 since tuesday but im still waiting for the sd card to arrive... I also have the "gray'ish usb connector with 2 diamonds" but i wouldn't know if it's the one that corrupts the card...

Dorkboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After tinkering a bit with the R4 I noticed the card gets really, really hot. :/ I guess I'll be fine if I keep the time in the USB adapter to a minimum.

Would purchasing any other reader solve it tho?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the one with the diamond pyramid things, killed my 1gb card. i was pissed, that is the problem reader.

No, the blue one is the 'problem' reader.. Most people with the pyramid one have absolutely no probs.(other than the 4.5mb/s max speed with it).

It is also the same reader datel package with their products.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
^ how long/often have you used it?

I remember hearing something about 10% of these card readers being affected or something (dunno if it's to just the grey diamond one or all of them in general).

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've used mine about 60 times, anything from 2 mins (uploading skins) to 2hours (copying files off, formatting, copying files back on, leaving it idle in the usb slot until I need it).

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i've used mine about forty times(i just keep adding more and more games).

Once was plugged in 1 slot with my other TF in my 8in1, transferring all the old saves from my old 1gb card and adding new trimmed roms. It must have been constantly in use for over an hour that time

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got the R4. The last flash card I bought was an EZFA. Too bad support for that card died a long time ago. This card is great so far. Can't wait till my 1GB TF ships so can I test out the R4's other features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS