AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah it seems like the cheat editor is useful only for creating your own CHEAT.DAT files, not for editing the existing one.
Weird.

Still, as an M3 owner i'm happy R4 put nice work into the cheat function for all. And the fact M3 updated so fast didn't hurt at all.

bitoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
newbie,

have you tried creating your own cheat.dat and use it with m3simply? just want to know if r4's cheat editor will work with m3 simply too.. thanks!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there was much happiness and rejoicing.
bow.gif
grog.gif
yaynds.gif

So far, I only enabled one cheat.....to open up all the games for free play mode in Clubhouse games.
biggrin.gif

Worked like a charm! It was a trimmed rom too.

R4DS...The Force is strong in this one. But it's not a Jedi yet.
wink.gif

knilsilooc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget the cheat code Editor:

http://r4ds.com/soft/5-other.htm

You don't really need is as-of now, because the CHEATS.DAT is currently up-to-date with codejunkies.com.

But if you want to trim the file a bit or reorganise the cheats, it's a neat tool.

Just remember, kids - don't cheat on WFC!
lecture.gif

P.S.: Tried Mario Kart plus constant Bullet Bill Cheat and BETA track cheat. Both crashed the game. :/
P.P.S.: I was playing in ad-hoc mode with my cousin.
wink.gif
Aww, that doesn't mean anything. Codejunkies doesn't have every cheat there is. I happen to have a cheat to play every course online in Mario Kart DS, which Codejunkies doesn't have.

EDIT: Oh, and it that case, I would be cheating on WFC, but it's good for everyone.
happy.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I've even tried using the usrcheat.dat file that comes with the save editor, but that doesn't work either

I've tried using that file as CHEAT.DAT and it doesn't work

Babelfish tells me that:

"7) supports the official database (cheat.dat) and the user database (usrcheat.dat) the function, supports the distinction independently to promote"

So I put usrcheat.dat in _system_ ... still doesn't work, tried it in root... still no go.

the usrcheat.dat contains a cheat for Mario Kart DS (U), and this ROM is untrimmed on my DS

The fact that you can't open 'CHEAT.DAT' into the save editor is also strange.

If you open the original 600kb CHEAT.DAT into notepad, it comes up with chinese letters. If you open it in wordpad, you get proper formatting of the contents but without any english lettering

However, if you open the usrcheat.dat that comes with the cheat editor in either notepad or wordpad, you'll see it's full of english lettering.

Which suggets the save editor doesn't output the correct format for v1.08

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome update, but the file is corrupt :/

Unpacked on WinRAR on my server (W2k3), not unpacking on Mac in neither Finder, StuffIt or command line unzip. Shall I repack ?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've even tried using the usrcheat.dat file that comes with the save editor, but that doesn't work either

I've tried using that file as CHEAT.DAT and it doesn't work

Babelfish tells me that:

"7) supports the official database (cheat.dat) and the user database (usrcheat.dat) the function, supports the distinction independently to promote"

So I put usrcheat.dat in _system_ ... still doesn't work, tried it in root... still no go.

the usrcheat.dat contains a cheat for Mario Kart DS (U), and this ROM is untrimmed on my DS

The fact that you can't open 'CHEAT.DAT' into the save editor is also strange.

If you open the original 600kb CHEAT.DAT into notepad, it comes up with chinese letters. If you open it in wordpad, you get proper formatting of the contents but without any english lettering

However, if you open the usrcheat.dat that comes with the cheat editor in either notepad or wordpad, you'll see it's full of english lettering.

I think that this suggests is that the editor is for the wrong language version, or is for the correct one, but the english version is currently using the chinese cheat one.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
usercheat.dat loads fine on my flash cart, i have no idea what you did wrong, the only thing is that the game doesn't boot with any of the codes enabled, i just get a black screen, i'm gonna try without the M code and see what happens.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Yes, they are not the same format, the original one is encrypted and can't be opened in the program no. But I suppose R4 should be able to handle both of them. (Don't have one myself so can't test)

How did you put it on your MicroSD? in the _system_ folder? And did you rename it to CHEAT.DAT like the original one? Or usrcheat.dat like the example one?

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
usercheat.dat loads fine on my flash cart, i have no idea what you did wrong, the only thing is that the game doesn't boot with any of the codes enabled, i just get a black screen, i'm gonna try without the M code and see what happens.

How did you get it working? Are you sure it's not the original CHEAT.DAT working behind it?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

How did you get it working? Are you sure it's not the original CHEAT.DAT working behind it?

nope, i have both CHEAT.DAT & usercheat.DAT in the same folder i didn't overwrite the other file, what i did basically is start the program put my codes in and then saved the codes i created to the usercheat.dat file and then copy and pasted it to my memory card and loaded it up.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Yes, they are not the same format, the original one is encrypted and can't be opened in the program no. But I suppose R4 should be able to handle both of them. (Don't have one myself so can't test)

How did you put it on your MicroSD? in the _system_ folder? And did you rename it to CHEAT.DAT like the original one? Or usrcheat.dat like the example one?

I've tried putting usrcheat.dat into: Root, _system_. I've also tried putting it as CHEAT.DAT. All three ways fail.

New method:

I tried using the original CHEAT.DAT in _system_
Then I put a copy of usrcheat.dat into _system_ AND root

This copy of usrcheat.dat is the same as the one that comes with the save editor, but has the cheat names different.. i.e. UNLOCK BOOBS instead of UNLOCK TRACKS etc etc

The original CHEAT.DAT is detected, usrcheat.dat isn't used

So I try deleting CHEAT.DAT. usrcheat.dat isn't used

I renamed usrcheat.dat to CHEAT.DAT. it still isn't used

Also CHEAT.DAT doesn't have to be in capitals, the origianl CHEAT.DAT works as cheat.dat

I've tried looking at the babelfish translation of the chinese instructions to use save editor. Fairly straight forward. I've also had my mum translate it for me (she's chinese). The instructions still fail to produce a working copy of usrcheat.dat, in any location.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

nope, i have both CHEAT.DAT & usercheat.DAT in the same folder i didn't overwrite the other file, what i did basically is start the program put my codes in and then saved the codes i created to the usercheat.dat file and then copy and pasted it to my memory card and loaded it up.

What ROM is this, what what custom codes is this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s