Hacking R4 Card Versions

Terce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an R4 card a year or so ago. Just regular R4 card, and it's unsupported now (last Firmware version listed on the site is 1.18 from April '08).

And so I have a question. What's the fundamental difference between my current card and a R4 SDHC card.

I know that the firmware for the R4 SDHC doesn't work on my card. But I want to know if it's worth getting a new card, or if my old one will still be able to use the patches for new roms that come out.

flyingpenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a normal R4 with YSMenu, and most of the games I play don't need patching, and if they do, the patches work fine, so I really don't see a point in getting a new card. If it works, no need to get a new one.

Terce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu must be one of the options for the system files I take it.

It's been working fine for me, but the latest round of roms has been particularly troubling getting them to run with some of the patches. Mostly the new Mario and Luigi. I had seen a topic claiming a working rom for an R4 SDHC card and was wondering if I needed to upgrade. The rom was for the Japanese version and if it just takes patching I suppose that is good.

Does anyone know why they stopped issuing new versions of the firmware for the basic R4 card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.