Hacking r4 Card Prob

James Muir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok my son got an old 3ds for part of his Christmas and I bought a r4 sdhc Dual Core 2016 card after checking I was told to download this kernel R4i-V3.6b English but when I put it into the 3ds I get the cant open_dsmenu.dat so I get the feeling Im missing something tried putting r4isdhc1.72 but nothing its on ver 10.3.0-28e which the site said the card worked for but beginning to think the site wasnt trustworthy as there was no way to contact them.

So after googling for days found this site hope you can help son only has couple of games to play until I can get this sorted.

Reactions: Jack_Sparrow

James Muir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't get any help here, see if they'll give you a refund, if not try and do a chargeback with your credit card. Then buy a DSTwo, which is a reliable card.

yeh prob do a chargeback as the site is useless tho I have been sent another link so will give them a message and see what happens

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The general idea with any DS flashcart is:

1. Visit the website printed on the front of the flashcart.
2. Go to its "Download" section and download the latest "kernel" files (usually a compressed file).
3. Extract the contents of the above compressed file to the microSD card that you plan on using for the flashcart (newly formatted as FAT32).

The files need to be on the root of the card, not in a folder called 'root' or any dumb shit like that. Same for the .nds games.

Reactions: Quantumcat

SpeedyUk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks James, copied both to the root directory, added a couple of Roms and hey presto they are not reconignised they are just '?' mark icons.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks

James Muir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mmm All I did was make a folder called Games and put them in there but only tried one lol son just wanted mario cart on his for starters

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP