R4 card help please

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Opiepop123, Dec 9, 2011.

Dec 9, 2011

R4 card help please by Opiepop123 at 5:03 PM (572 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Opiepop123
    OP

Newcomer Opiepop123 Newbie

United States
    I am new to this. But I got a r4 card for my little girls 3ds. Put it in. And now its just staying on a loading screen. Any help would be great.

2. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You have the wrong kernel/firmware. What is the website printed on the front sticker of your card?

3. Opiepop123
    OP

United States
    Www.r4ids.cn

4. jimmyemunoz

United States
    does your card have 3DS printed on it or not?

5. Opiepop123
    OP

United States
    Yes It does

6. jimmyemunoz

United States
    Go here and get the firmware at the top of the screen. Unzip the archive file to your micro sd card. Should be one dat file and one "rpg" folder. Make a folder called games and put your .nds games in there.

7. Opiepop123
    OP

United States
    2.1.0-4u

8. jimmyemunoz

United States
    Download the patch under that first file I told you to download (Wood 1.41) . It's called 2.2.0-4 patch but it is good all the way to the current 3DS firmware 3.0.0-5 Always remember to update the flash card first before you ever update the 3DS. In your case right now you will put the first downloaded dat file and rpg folder to the root of the micro sd card and then you will unzip the second file and put it also on the root..not in any folder. The first thing you'll do once you boot up the card is go to the 2nd downloaded file that is on the root, highlight it and press "A" then follow the onscreen instructions...don't worry its very easy. When it says done reboot the DS do so with the POWER button. You can turn it off seeing that all went ok. Erase that 2nd file we just used because it is no longer needed. Now you can update your 3DS Nintendo firmware by the main menu (go to system settings and then go to the 3 or 4th tab, I forget, and hit "update system") Your 3DS will have to have its wifi on to do the update. Got any questions go to the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen and open the R4 problems message I sent you a few minutes ago.

9. Opiepop123
    OP

United States
    This seem alittle hard. Is there a YouTube movie on this.

10. jimmyemunoz

United States
    Go to the envelope at the top right of the screen and open the message "r4 problems" I will give you the files pre-setup, ready to go through my dropbox.

Opie it's the envelope that says messenger when you highlight it. I can give you a Youtube video also. Its your choice.

11. Phoenixrising75

Newcomer Phoenixrising75 Newbie

Canada
    Hey Jimmy. I hate to threadjack but I'm brand new here too. I just ordered a r4i gold for my 3ds. From what I gathered from your posts, I should be able to update my 3ds to the latest firmware (the one that added 3d video, etc) and the card will still work but I should wait until I receive the R4 and update that first? If I run into any problems, do you mind if I bother you for some help? I had an iedge card for my DSI XL and it was a pain in the butt to figure out how to flash but I got it eventually, now that I'm switching to a new kind of card, I don't want to tear my hair out trying to get it to work. Hehehe.

12. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    Always update the cart before the 3ds.