Kushinder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Kushinder here. So right now on my Wii I have cIOS 38 rev 15 installed. Some people say rev 14 is better. Is it possible to downgrade? And how?

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You use the installer of whatever ver you wanna downgrade/upgrade to. I haven't had any problems with rev15 yet, I think it only effects people using chips or CIOSCORPS, loaders that use the diskchannel.

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rev 15 = Works great for USB Loaders no compatibility problems with any game. But chucks an error 001 for people who use Backup launchers or cIOSCORP.

Rev 14 = WOrks good for USB Loaders but compatibility issues with DL games like SSBB. Works fine with Backup launchers and cIOSCORP but DL games do not work.

So if you use a USB Loader use rev 15. If you are using a backup launcher or cIOSCORP use rev 14 or rev 10 (rev 10 supports DL and is probably the most stable for disc loading).

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
mattjd said:
Rev 15 = Works great for USB Loaders no compatibility problems with any game. But chucks an error 001 for people who use Backup launchers or cIOSCORP.

Rev 14 = WOrks good for USB Loaders but compatibility issues with DL games like SSBB. Works fine with Backup launchers and cIOSCORP but DL games do not work.

So if you use a USB Loader use rev 15. If you are using a backup launcher or cIOSCORP use rev 14 or rev 10 (rev 10 supports DL and is probably the most stable for disc loading).

Hmmm, this would probably solve my Brawl+ problem when playing from USB I´ve always get an 001 error... random.

Can this be the problem? I´m on rev14...

Kushinder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah,
So I will use rev 14 brcause I use discs
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SSBB or Metroid Prime Trilogy ==> rev15
Sam & Max or FarCry ==> rev14

All other games should work with both, IF you use the correct loader.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
mattjd said:

Hmmm, this would probably solve my Brawl+ problem when playing from USB I´ve always get an 001 error... random.

Can this be the problem? I´m on rev14...

usually using rev14 with dl games will give you a please insert disc error.
Using hermes cIOS usually fixes this.

QUOTE(Kushinder @ Nov 28 2009, 09:49 AM)
Ah,
So I will use rev 14 brcause I use discs
biggrin.gif
cIOSCORP has nothing to do with cIOS 249 and 250
the latest cioscorp 3.5 is based on rev14.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Sam & Max to work on cios rev14. I never noticed a problem with SSBBrawl.

I just tried to play metroid prime trilogy yesterday using usb loader config and it turned green and went back to the wii menu.

Is there any loader that loads dual layer games like mptrilogy without the need of cios rev15?

How does Hermes cios work?

Can't I just install cios rev15 as cios 250 and switch between cios 249 & 250 at will within usb loaders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it