R.P.G. Loader question

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by zapoqx, Jun 17, 2010.

Jun 17, 2010

R.P.G. Loader question by zapoqx at 5:57 AM (1,022 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. zapoqx
    OP

Newcomer zapoqx Advanced Member

United States
    Alright, so basically I want to know this:
    If I put the WoodRPG firmware stuff in the AK R.P.G. and the AKAIO firmware stuff in the AK R.P.G., is it possible for me to set which firmware to use while inside or would I have to use the proper akmenu4.nds file?

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    the cartridge's internal firmware will boot one only, but you should be able to, for example, load Wood RPG from AKAIO if you rename the Wood RPG 'akmenu4.nds' - I just don't know if it will actually load games properly because i've never done it before.

my idea is based on that i do use DSCovered on one of my mSD's for my AK2i, and that homebrew GUI uses the applicable loaders for your card, and allows you to "exit" by loading the AK kernel manually. unfortunately this homebrew is not available for the AKRPG.

3. zapoqx
    OP

United States
    hmm ok. Well I was just hoping because it sounds like that while Wood is working with Normatt, I would like it if I could switch between the two when needed, but I guess I could always just do a Rename when I need to.

4. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I think what I meant to say is that you can rename the akmenu4.nds file from wood RPG and run it from AKAIO, why don't you give it a try? Or the other way around? If not to serve your purpose, to at least know whether loading one from the other will result in being able to load games or not? If you don't want to bother I understand, but I'm just curious if it works, so respond if you try it [​IMG]

5. zapoqx
    OP

United States
    I was pretty sure that I heard its a bad idea to do since the loader would get the semi-patching from the other (thus, if you get past the screen, essentially you would be loading a game within a loader within the loader and something will break).