Hacking R$DS or something else?

smoothbwlr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like the topic says...I have the original R4 and I have had it for a while now. My friend wants to by a card for his girls ds and I told him what I have but that a different card would be best. I referred him to an Acekard. Did I make the right move? If not, what card would you recommend? Keep in mind that my friend is not very savvy in terms of needing to make many changes to anything card related and so far the R4 is far from a simple transition due to piracy prevention in games. Thanks in advance.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go to dealextreme.com to get them the cheapest.
Just check if he has a DS phat/DS Lite or a DSi since you need the Acekard2i for the DSi, otherwise take the cheaper 2.1 version.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
I like my R4 personally, don't seem to get the problems people mention. Maybe it helps to have a good quality MicroSD and possibly the European DS Lite has something that helps over the US ones.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
XWolf said:
I like my R4 personally, don't seem to get the problems people mention. Maybe it helps to have a good quality MicroSD and possibly the European DS Lite has something that helps over the US ones.
If you already have an R4 then it's not the end of the world but if you're looking to buy a new card then there are better quality, better supported cards available for similar prices. Buying an R4 is only a sensible option if NO OTHER cards are available.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have a R4 I bought more than 2 years ago and still works perfectly, if for some reason I'll have to buy a new one, I'll be considering something else like Cyclo or Acekard.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, gotta ask - my R4 plays my backups, plays films and music (with right software obviously) and runs Homebrew software... What ARE the advantages of the others?

D

Deleted User

Yeah i deciced to update my R4 and got an Acekard 2I off gamebygame it came to me in 6 days.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ireland 1 said:
Yeah i deciced to update my R4 and got an Acekard 2I off gamebygame it came to me in 6 days.
Me too except I used DealExtreme and it took three weeks.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

Depravo said:
Ireland 1 said:
smile.gif
Unlucky there, at least you got it i heard of people ording and never getting there orders.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ireland 1 said:
Depravo said:
Ireland 1 said:
smile.gif
Unlucky there, at least you got it i heard of people ording and never getting there orders.
Never mind, my luck changed with the SD card. I ordered a Transcend 8Gb class 4 from Amazon and when it arrived it was class 6. Result!

D

Deleted User

Depravo said:
Ireland 1 said:
Depravo said:
Ireland 1 said:
smile.gif
Never mind, my luck changed with the SD card. I ordered a Transcend 8Gb class 4 from Amazon and when it arrived it was class 6. Result!
quite a result there
smile.gif
. See you are at 1111 posts, congrats

badchilli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same as everyone else. I've had an R4 (also G6) for a few years decided recently to a new card, and I picked the Acekard2i also. You made a good suggestion to your friend.

I still like my R4. YSmenu, while doesn't look as pretty, still is pretty nice, can play new games and I seem to like the GBA support on it a little better than the Acekard/AKAIO, but I'm recommending the Acekard to my friends. They are so cheap, very easy to use, and I'm going to buy one or two more for my relatives. I've ordered some other cards to do some comparison checking, but so far the Acecard is my favorite (although I still use my R4 a lot too).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night