R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
So I bought Company of heroes on valve the other day for £6.99 and a hour later they released the weekend deal of offering all the CoH games for £5 -_- *fail*

Anyway, before I bought CoH I played the demo to see if it would work on my laptop and it ran perfectly fine. However for some reason it does not play fine on the paid version of the game. on the first level the only thing that is visible is the background (I can still control the men but can only see silhouettes of them). So not only am I annoyed that I could have got all the games for a fraction of the price I paid for one but the game I did buy fails to work properly despite the demo running fine.

On top of this I also bought Portal 2 considering I loved it when I played it with my friend. It was running fine until when I went on it today I seemed to be stuck in a wall. I couldn't move or resart the level, just stuck in the wall and that is my save point too. Is there a way of resetting my position?

Is there any way of fixing this or am I doomed to a bad first impression of steam?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
What's your specs? It could just be that your PC isn't up to running games (although it'd have to be pretty bad not to be able to run Portal 2).
Also, are you sure you haven't installed any new programs recently or update a driver etc.? This sounds most likely as the games were working before but have now stopped working.

Lastly, try verifying the game cahce - right click the game, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Missing a deal and glitching in a game =/= Steam being bad.

Every game goes on sale at some point, you're just an unlucky bastard.

Anyway, for Portal 2. Go into the options and find the little thing to Enable Dev Console, or something similar. Dunno where it is in P2 since I never turned it on (but I know it has one).
After that simply load your game, hit ~, and type sv_cheats 1 then noclip and finally you can turn sv_cheats 0 though it doesn't really matter. Oh, uh. Step 3 after moving out of the wall. Noclip basically turns off collision and makes ya fly.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Why did every one ignore the fact I said the game ran perfectly fine in the demo which included the first level (the one which is glitching out whenever I try and play it on the paid version?)

People also failed to notice my Portal 2 games was running fine no lag, no crashing, no getting stuck into a wall up until I saved it one day (I have saved it in the past and loaded it up and it has ran fine) but thank you I shall try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1