Quick wii fit question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ga1l0w, Jan 5, 2009.

Jan 5, 2009

Quick wii fit question by Ga1l0w at 9:07 PM (1,064 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Ga1l0w
    OP

Member Ga1l0w GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm about to downgrade my friends wii to 3.2u and install starfall ect...

Just wondering, will the wii fit balance board and legal game still function? Or do I need to install some IOS file?

Thanks in advance.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Wii Fit works in IOS33, unless your friend's Wii hasn't IOS33, I don't see why it wouldn't work...!!! [​IMG]

3. Ga1l0w
    OP

Member Ga1l0w GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Would I already have that on 3.2u, or would I have to manual install it.

4. Angry_Games

Newcomer Angry_Games Member

United States
    watching this question (found it via search) as well as I have 3.3 safe update but now the wife's balance board/ Wii Fit doesn't work (it gets angry she says lol). Will do more searching as well but would like to know answer as well if it gets replied to here.

5. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    I've got Wii Fit retail copy (obviously!) and board and mine's 3.2e and works fine. I've got starfall and gamma loader installed.

6. Angry_Games

Newcomer Angry_Games Member

United States
    Ok read around a little more.

I'm USA - NTSC (better mention that I guess)

reading the guide, I see this:

2. IF YOU HAVE A WIRELESS CONNECTION. Go to the Homebrew Channel and select 3. safe update 3.3
    - this will update the wii with the recent nintendo releases and save you headaches in the future (Thanks tona) - its not required but is handy to have.

but reading the FAQ, I see this:

Q : Can i install this on version 3.3 or 3.4 ?
    A : Technically yes , but you have to downgrade to version 3.2 first using the supplied guide in my signature.

I must have been at 3.4 before I did the TP hack since I regularly updated it. If I update it officially again to get the balance board/Wii Fit working, will my HBC/backup loader still work, or will I have to re-do some of the things from the guide?

I'm still reading, but I read mixed things like some saying it works on 3.2 no problem and others like me say even on 3.3 it still asks for update (probably has to do with differences in EU/J/USA region/firmware?)

thanks for any help! wife gets angry without her Wii Fit

7. camar3na

Newcomer camar3na Member

Mexico
    i downgraded to 3.2u, and the balance board works just fine with the retail disc even loading from gamma, i don't really need to install the safe 3.3 firmware, but thats just me.

8. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    I've been on 3.2U since I upgraded to it, I've never gone past it, and WiiFit works perfectly for me.

As a side note, I should mention that I have a modchip (WiiKey v1), installed IOS38, IOS53, IOS55 manually (to play Animal Crossing: City Folk and Need for Speed: Undercover), and installed the IOS51 + Shop Channel Update from tona for the Shop Channel. Ether said it runs on IOS33 though, so it should work without these... just thought I'd throw it in there just in case.

9. deelonger

Newcomer deelonger Member

United States
    My NTSC Wii came with 3.3U and I followed the guide by"djtaz" and installed Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix and all the backup works fine. I did everything for stage 1 and stage 2 of the guide except install Starfall.

Just got a Wii fit and inserted the original disc and it's asking for an update. I exited out of the update by turning off the unit and now most of the other original game disc I'm try to play is showing "install update" on the disc channel. Did I do something wrong? Should I install update?