Quick sysNAND 9.8 question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kibido, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Hello guys. I have a friend who's on 9.8 sysNAND on the old 3DS. What would his options be? He wants to play a japanese game that's coming out in November (Monster Hunter X) and would like to fully use it with online. Thanks!

2. Cinnamon

Cinnamon GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2014
    Norway
    The game is not out yet so we still don't know.

3. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Ok thank you. Then what would his options be for any game that is out now? Just out of curiosity.

Other question: I'm on 9.0 on my new 3DS. Would there be any reason to update my sysNAND to 9.2? Thanks.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    He will have to use a Sky3DS for current games (excluding Fire Emblem IF and Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer) There are new anti-piracy measures which could mean Monster Hunter X is unplayable with Sky. Best to wait and check back on the forums after it is released.

Zidapi likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    What the guy above me said.
    Also, regionfour or Ninjhax 2.0's region free will work for playing the game assuming it doesn't use the new AP, but he won't be able to download any updates that are released unless he has a Japanese 3DS, which is problematic as many games with online get an update on day 1 or shortly afterwards and the latest update is needed to play online, so he may be able to play it online for a while if he's lucky, but chances are an update will come out sooner rather than later.

Zidapi likes this.
  6. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Best to wait and see what Sky have to say about the new anti-piracy measures.

If
    , (and that's a big if) they can bypass them with a new card, then wait and buy the new card. Because I assure you it will definitely not be playable with their current device.

7. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Thanks a bunch. Super useful as always.