Quick SNEEK question?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by raulpegan, Jun 12, 2010.

Jun 12, 2010

Quick SNEEK question? by raulpegan at 8:22 PM (800 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. raulpegan
    OP

Newcomer raulpegan Member

Venezuela
    Ok so I'm seeing all this fuzz about SNEEK and SNEEK+DI, but i still don't get what the hell it does. Could somebody explain what it does? In details?
    I already tried looking through the FAQs but they don't actually say what it does. I have bootmii as boot 2, hermes and waninkoko's cIOS, and USB Loader GX. Is SNEEK worth it?

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    1) Ask, for gods sake, in the right topic, and DON'T CREATE A NEW ONE!
    2) It is answered in the FAQ, so you didn't looked hard enough, or in the wrong thread.
    3) Not to mention that there are several other threads which asked exactly the same question.

Search again for am definition. Now, to your question if I would recommend it: For someone like you: No.

Why? I doubt that if you even don't know what it is, that you can get it to run. It's not that easy, and it probably won't work, even if you did everything right (pure luck if it worked or not). If it worked, every small thing could break it. These are my opinions, for some it works flawless, for me it didn't. IMO, it's not for everyday-use, just for toying around.
    • For the average "I just want to play my pirated Games"-User (also known as BACKUUUPPPZZZ!!!111), I wouldn't recommend it. Too much hassle for those people (who probably don't have enough nerves to play around with it).
    • For people with many patience, time, like to play around, have an USB-Gecko, do dangerous things with their Wii most of the time, and have a handful of games they like to play, then yes, I would give it a shot.

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    SNEEK is a NAND emulator, meaning that when running SNEEK, your SD card BECOMES the NAND i.e. System Menu, channels etc. are all stored on SD card.

Now why is this useful? Well its impossible to brick, because your real NAND isn't in use, so if you mess up your SNEEK emulated NAND, you can just fix it on the computer easily and have your Wii working again. You can't permanently brick your Wii. Also, you can easily modify files on NAND because you just plug your SD card into the computer and do it. You can also have more space for channels than the 512MB of the built-in NAND, you can use a 32GB SDHC card if you want. (Although you can't have more than 4 pages in the System Menu, so you'd have to use another channel loader). Finally, for nerdier peeps, there is USBGecko output, so you can see EXACTLY what is going on on your Wii.

If any of that sounds useful, go for it. If not, don't bother.

4. raulpegan
    OP

Newcomer raulpegan Member

Venezuela
    Thanks Sif! I get it now. It will be very useful for what I usually do with my wii. I have accidentally bricked it a couple of times testing some stuff, and SNEEK will probably help!! I already have it up and running!

Also, Blue-K, there's no need to be offensive