Homebrew Quick questions

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So got some noob questions. I just started to get back into hacking again after about 6 months. My questions are:
1. Howndonyou get emulators on your 3Ds.
2. I have a 2Ds with fw14 and over is there anyway to hack it without soldering or using a specific game to hack it?
3. Last but not least my 3ds is currently running god mode I believe how do I update it?

Help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance for helping me with the noob questions.

No rude answers I've been out of the hacking game for a while so I'm just trying to get refreshed.

Last edited by r3ddevil,

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. install bubble2k16's emulators or retroarch, they both work great (though for o3ds the latter is recommended)
2. any firmware up to 11.6 (which is still current) can be hacked with cfw using a flashcart that still works on stock systems: https://3ds.guide
3. if you're asking how to update godmode9 you'll have to do that manually as github dropped TLS 1.1 and the 3ds doesn't support TLS 1.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as for emulation, you can also inject vc titles using NSUI

Last edited by RandomMan25XX,

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. install bubble2k16's emulators or retroarch, they both work great (though for o3ds the latter is recommended)
2. any firmware up to 11.6 (which is still current) can be hacked with cfw using a flashcart that still works on stock systems: https:3ds.guide
3. if you're asking how to update godmode9 you'll have to do that manually as github dropped TLS 1.1 and the 3ds doesn't support TLS 1.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as for emulation, you can also inject vc titles using NSUI
Ok yea I'm at 11.5.0-38u but I don't have a flash cart or any of the games to exploit to hack and I believe I have god mode I'm not entirely sure how to check what I'm running.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To check which version of GodMode9 you have, just turn it on and look at the bottom screen. The top line of white text there should say GodMode9 (version). 1.6 should be the latest.

For hacking the 2DS, I'd suggest buying this flashcart: https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
Alternately, you can use Seedminer for only $2, but that's a little more complicated.

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To check which version of GodMode9 you have, just turn it on and look at the bottom screen. The top line of white text there should say GodMode9 (version). 1.6 should be the latest.

For hacking the 2DS, I'd suggest buying this flashcart: https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
Alternately, you can use Seedminer for only $2, but that's a little more complicated.
Ok got it in in godmode9 explorer v1.2.8

Last edited by r3ddevil,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's old. To update to the newest version, download it from https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases and put it in SD/luma/payloads.

Actually, I just realised that we have no idea what the hacked 3DS is running. First, try holding select while turning the 3DS on. If the Luma config menu comes up, we'll need to know what version of Luma you have. If nothing comes up, look at the root of that 3DS's SD card. Is there a boot.firm or arm9loaderhax.bin? Having the arm9loaderhax.bin means you'll need to switch to boot9strap (from arm9loaderhax), while having the boot.firm means you've already got it. If it's got A9LH, then go here to learn how to upgrade to B9S.

Alternately, just upload a picture of the root of the SD card & we can see what there is.

keijitatzuya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello, I have a small question regarding my 3ds. I have custom firmware installed and everything and I can play some games online with no difficulties but there is one slight problem, for some reason it does not let me play with friends. I tend to get error code 018-0515 on smash and in monster hunter I get another error which i forgot the code for it. I try solving this a lot of times so i can play with friends but no luck... I also try to play on for fun in smash4 3ds but that also gives me an error i can only play for glory mode which is the serious mode, which i don't mind... but i wish i could access every feature. any help with this? any solution? please help.

keijitatzuya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello, I have a small question regarding my 3ds. I have custom firmware installed and everything and I can play some games online with no difficulties but there is one slight problem, for some reason it does not let me play with friends. I tend to get error code 018-0515 on smash and in monster hunter I get another error which i forgot the code for it. I try solving this a lot of times so i can play with friends but no luck... I also try to play on for fun in smash4 3ds but that also gives me an error i can only play for glory mode which is the serious mode, which i don't mind... but i wish i could access every feature. any help with this? any solution? please help.
is not actually a 3ds is a n2ds xl... but well...

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's old. To update to the newest version, download it from https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases and put it in SD/luma/payloads.

Actually, I just realised that we have no idea what the hacked 3DS is running. First, try holding select while turning the 3DS on. If the Luma config menu comes up, we'll need to know what version of Luma you have. If nothing comes up, look at the root of that 3DS's SD card. Is there a boot.firm or arm9loaderhax.bin? Having the arm9loaderhax.bin means you'll need to switch to boot9strap (from arm9loaderhax), while having the boot.firm means you've already got it. If it's got A9LH, then go here to learn how to upgrade to B9S.

Alternately, just upload a picture of the root of the SD card & we can see what there is.
It's like 3ds v9.0 when I boot up while holding select

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...