Quick questions on Acekard 2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by zincsterio, Oct 15, 2008.

Oct 15, 2008
  1. zincsterio
    OP

Newcomer zincsterio Member

United States
    Just got my Acekard 2 setup today. Have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to exit a game that is loaded and go back to the Acekard 2 menu? Or is the only way to power off and on?
    2. Is there a soft reset key combo?
    3. Several games I tried worked fine, but one in particular did not. When I tried to load Advance Wars: Dual Strike, it sort of did nothing. The progress bar did not come up, and the entire bottom menu just froze (although the time appeared to still be ticking). Can someone deduce what the problem is from this behavior?

Thanks.

2. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    sorry, I can't help, but i know the last thing there happened to me when I renamed a rom after playing it.

3. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    Soft Reset is L+R+A+B+Down, it needs to be enabled in system options first.

For the other question, need to know which firmware and sd card your using. No problems here on AK2.1/AKAIO 1.2/Adata class 6 8 gig

edit: as other people have said, patches menu, not system options. my bad.

4. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1. you have to turn on the softreset in Patches
    2. Press A+B+L+R+Down to go back to the game list.
    3 you can try the other loader just hold down A to start the game

you can also read the review to get more for the setup.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79368

Have fun with the acekard
    Hint put on an mp3 on the card have it show all the files and open it for ipod mode

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    softreset and cheats are bits of code that sit in ram and patch before the game is loaded. if the game takes up the full ram the game may fail to load if softreset or cheats is enabled. highlight the rom in questions, press "Y" and turn off softreset and/or cheats (on a per rom basis) and then test it.

akaio loader is based on the 4.07 official. if you are using an ak2 you can put the akmenu4.nds file in the _aio/ak2loader folder. this will allow you to use the gui of akaio but launch your roms using the most updated official loader from 4.10. if you are using an rpg you can't do this because the way the game name is transfered over to the loader is done differently. but if you are on an rpg give gelu's firmware a go, its contains more updates than in akaio in regards to fixes and 3-in-1 support. also when all else fails goto advancescene.com and check the release list. find the save size of the game and manually set it in akaio. this will fix some problems as the auto save size routine isn't perfect, and its great that we have this option in akaio as we don't in the official.

with akaio you can set hidden files to display or not in the gui. with the official you have to edit "hiddenFileNames" line in the globalsettings.ini.

-another world

6. zincsterio
    OP

Newcomer zincsterio Member

United States
    One more question:

Is there a way to boot into the game you last played when you power on? It's a bit of a hassle to go to the NDS screen, select Acekard 2, and then select the game again.

7. evilhomura89

Member evilhomura89 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    wanna add another ques...izit ok to set auto boot in NSDL setting menu?? or manual boot?

8. MR_COW

Member MR_COW GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It doesn't matter either way.

9. mysticwaterfall

United States
    Open up /_aio/globalsettings.ini change the line:

autorunWithLastRom = 0

from 0 to 1. There might be an easier way to do this, but I couldn't find on the menu.

10. Another World

Colombia
    auto running the last rom will not auto boot the kit to the firmware like how the r4 works, which is what i think he was asking. what it will do is run the rom as soon as you select to boot the flash kit from the nds firmware. however, when you softreset it will keep booting that rom, keep that in mind.

-another world

11. evilhomura89

Member evilhomura89 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    how do i do if i don’t want the loader to boot into the last game folder i launched??

12. mysticwaterfall

United States
    @aw: Well yeah, I just have The DS itself set to auto, so I go straight to the menu. Personally I think directly going to the game is annoyning for the reason you said... but that was what he asked as I understand it (since he talked about having to select the game again), so:)

edit: @evil - theres an option in system options to go to last folder on boot. Turn that off and you'll go to root everytime.

13. Another World

Colombia
    forums get confusing... i see it my way you see it yours =). i think we covered everything between us, which was good.

cheers,
    -another world