Quick question on game saving

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by thinkingofaname, May 8, 2015.

1. thinkingofaname
    OP

thinkingofaname Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2009
    Canada
    I'm using gateway the latest ultra beta thing, was playing an old game code of princess, the game auto save after every quest and I went back to the in-game main menu and loaded just fine. However after some hours the game crashed (probably in game bug) and I had to power off the 3DS. When I went back in the save file is gone, the game pretend I never played it. I realized I may not have actually exited via home before the crash, so my question is, does gateway still need home->exit to properly store saves? Or is there something else going on?

2. Kenneth196

Kenneth196 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2006
    United States
    Texas

Yes you still need to home+exit (to my knowledge) to officially save the game. I'll let someone else comment on the technicalities of it. If it was a .cia game however then you won't have this issue. Only with .3ds/.3dz.

Here's a recent thread for more details: https://gbatemp.net/threads/why-must-we-gateway-users-home-button-quit-to-save.388178/

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Home->Exit or power off, either way works.