Hardware quick question about wii-motes compatibility

HelpDesk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this so... yeah.

Will a wiimote and nunchuk purchased from overseas, say china or japan, work on my pal Wii?

Thankyou.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got two remotes from overseas (hong kong) and they work on my NTSC usa wii just fine. The listing from the ones I bought say they work on ANY wii.

The only difference I see with them is the color on the Wii symbol, its darker than my original ones and the price(12.50 instead of 39 dollars). The speaker sound and rumble was exactly the same.

someone correct me if Im wrong??

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afnuke said:
I just got two remotes from overseas (hong kong) and they work on my NTSC usa wii just fine. The listing from the ones I bought say they work on ANY wii.

The only difference I see with them is the color on the Wii symbol, its darker than my original ones and the price(12.50 instead of 39 dollars). The speaker sound and rumble was exactly the same.

i have not notice any difference on the symbol at all.

Dees_Troy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afnuke said:

From what I can tell, Ninty outsourced the production of the Wii remotes. There are 2 manufacturers. The easy way to identify which one you have is through the FCC ID that is printed on the side. Mitsumi makes the ones with FCC ID of POO-WC45. Foxconn makes the ones with UMB-WCF7. You can search the FCC database for yourself here if you like:

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

My Wii came with a Foxconn remote. One of my friends has a Wii that came with the Mitsumi wiimote, which leads me to believe that both are legitimate "Nintendo" controllers. I find it very unlikely that you would get a brand new Wii with a knock-off remote in the sealed box when buying from a major brick & mortar retailer. The Mitsumi version has darker colored paint for the Wii symbol, home button, etc. compared to the Foxconn.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks....didnt know that. Yes I received the Mitsumi controllers off ebay(verified the FCC ID). I feel better knowing that for 12.49 I did get a good controller.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D