mwaddoups

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my Wii pre-chipped, and it has a Wiikey clone (unupdateable
frown.gif
) in there. I took it apart to have a look at what chipset it was etc, to get an idea of how hard it would be to install a working chip. I found a blob of resin over an area that seemed random, but now I think about it could this be something to do with the cut legs? I don't know much about a cut legs install, but the fact is the chip works with backups, and appears to be soldered normally, so if I wanted to resolder it should I leave the resin well alone
biggrin.gif
?

Pic here, probably not that useful but the orange blob is the resin (my camera is horrible for close-ups).

chrispinifer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Your camera should have a Macro setting on it for closeups. It looks like a Flower, kinda like the one in Super Mario Bros. So, use that button and have it zoomed all the way, no zooming! Then bring the lens close and focus - keep focusing until it looks clear. Presto! Tee hee.. I work in a Photo Lab..
biggrin.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your camera should have a Macro setting on it for closeups. It looks like a Flower, kinda like the one in Super Mario Bros. So, use that button and have it zoomed all the way, no zooming! Then bring the lens close and focus - keep focusing until it looks clear. Presto! Tee hee.. I work in a Photo Lab..
biggrin.gif
And because of that you now know that all camera's have macro settings and all are accesable by pressing a flower like button? I do however agree he needs a better pic
tongue.gif

A bit more on topic, as far as I can tell from the pic (and your story) I would say your Wii had cut legs. They 'fixed' the legs and thus 're-activating' the soldering pads. So yes if you ever want to desolder the thing, leave the resin alone as they probably put it there as a safety measure so their soldering / wires wouldn't come loose.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
That sucks, why is it unupdateable? (errors on the new 1.9g)?

That picture is way too blurry to really see whats going on. If it really is a clone and wont update, then i would swap it out (shame its quick solder method) with a legit wiikey. Just make sure you can solder =)

mwaddoups

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are some much, MUCH better pictures - that macro mode worked wonders!

As for the chip, I get the Test Connections error with both 1.9b and 1.9g update - as far as I can tell this is indicative of a (bad) clone. I'm probably going to get it chipped professionally with a PROPER Wiikey or some similar chip, maybe even with long wire install so I can deal with it myself afterwards (though I doubt many people do that). If the legs have already been dealt with, that should make the installation similar to normal old chipsets, and make it even easier (and hopefully cheaper!) to get modded. Hope these pictures make the situation more clear anyways, and thanks for all the help
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep: