• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got Red Steel 1 yesterday and after having to set altdol so it will actually load properly as it reached "Licensed by Nintendo" and then went back to the homescreen. However, twice while playing it it froze out of nowhere causing me to restart, i also noticed this with Mario Sports Mix when i was playing that on the HDD. But not Other M, that played fine

Im on rev21

MangaLover1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm I know that this may sound stupid but how do u get a monster barn? I tried giving wood to Gaius but it didn't work...
unsure.gif
frown.gif

Techs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, i've not been here for a long while so i'm far behind in the hacking scene. anyway, onto my question.

i got myself a WD Elements 1TB Desktop External HDD the other day, now i'm using this for my wii back ups now instead of discs but i'm having a problem. I transfer my .iso files over onto the drive using Wii Backup Manager, then loading up my drive on the wii using USB Loader GX. when loaded up, it shows my games on the drive, but when i click to play them it restarts and just loads me back to the homebrew channel. anyone had this problem?

MarioBrotha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems booting two games, Mario Party 8 and Wii Play (both PAL). Whenever I boot them on my NTSC on Force NTSC, it just takes me to a black screen, and nothing happens. If I just leave the region forcing to Default, the game boots fine, but it's a black and white flickering screen. How can I make the games to boot in force NTSC?

Also, I can't get Ocarina cheats working, using the help from the USB Loader Gx. Is there somewhere I can troubleshoot?

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem - cant get Mario Party 8 to work in GX Loader 2.0 under either Wanin's Rev 21DX2 249 or Hermes 222 Rev 5.0.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Techs said:
hey guys, i've not been here for a long while so i'm far behind in the hacking scene. anyway, onto my question.

i got myself a WD Elements 1TB Desktop External HDD the other day, now i'm using this for my wii back ups now instead of discs but i'm having a problem. I transfer my .iso files over onto the drive using Wii Backup Manager, then loading up my drive on the wii using USB Loader GX. when loaded up, it shows my games on the drive, but when i click to play them it restarts and just loads me back to the homebrew channel. anyone had this problem?

QUOTE(MarioBrotha @ Feb 21 2011, 09:37 AM) I'm having problems booting two games, Mario Party 8 and Wii Play (both PAL). Whenever I boot them on my NTSC on Force NTSC, it just takes me to a black screen, and nothing happens. If I just leave the region forcing to Default, the game boots fine, but it's a black and white flickering screen. How can I make the games to boot in force NTSC?

Also, I can't get Ocarina cheats working, using the help from the USB Loader Gx. Is there somewhere I can troubleshoot?

Did you try a cIOS with a base 38?

MarioBrotha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
Techs said:

QUOTE(MarioBrotha @ Feb 21 2011, 09:37 AM) I'm having problems booting two games, Mario Party 8 and Wii Play (both PAL). Whenever I boot them on my NTSC on Force NTSC, it just takes me to a black screen, and nothing happens. If I just leave the region forcing to Default, the game boots fine, but it's a black and white flickering screen. How can I make the games to boot in force NTSC?

Can you tell me how to do that, or provide a link with some instructions?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MarioBrotha said:
Shano56 said:
Techs said:

Can you tell me how to do that, or provide a link with some instructions?
There are multiple ways.

Method 1 (recommended, but you need windows):
Download ModMii

Start it and go to the "Advanced Custom Downloads" (By typing A)
Now type either "249dx38" or "222"
Now enter the slot you want them to install to. the default for "249dx38" is 249, and the default for "222" is 222, but you can install them to a different slot to avoid overwriting your current cIOSs if you want, just remember what slot you choose so you can change the settings on your USB loader.

Now type what version number you want. I would just put MAX
Now download it and install the wad.

Method 2:
just download one of the installers below and make sure when installing you select 38 when it asks what base ios to use:
http://filetrip.net/g25124395-hermes-cIOS-Installer.html
http://filetrip.net/f23351-cIOS-Installer-Xr21.html (

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering modding another Wii, and I was wondering if the Wii were to lose power during mid HBC installation/BootMii installation... would it brick? Would anyone be able to give a percentage? I do know that it is considerably safer than a Wii System Update. -- But I don't trust those either.

Edit: Add
smile.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
OK i've got a few questions about playing backups:

> I have a PAL Wii, do the games have to be PAL because nearly all the ones i've seen are NTSC, also how much of a difference does it make in-game?

> I currently only have access to a 1GB USB stick (i'm ganno get an external hard drive), are there any good games that will fit on it (940MB or less)?

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REPLIES:
> Yes, PAL/NTSC video settings can be magically changed in most USB Loaders...
> Opinion: New Super Mario Bros? ._. , play, be bored, then get an HDD.

>>> Can someone answer my previous question? ;__;

MarioBrotha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Method 1 (recommended, but you need windows):
Download ModMii

Start it and go to the "Advanced Custom Downloads" (By typing A)
Now type either "249dx38" or "222"
Now enter the slot you want them to install to. the default for "249dx38" is 249, and the default for "222" is 222, but you can install them to a different slot to avoid overwriting your current cIOSs if you want, just remember what slot you choose so you can change the settings on your USB loader.

Now type what version number you want. I would just put MAX
Now download it and install the wad.

The last step is to change the settings in your usb loader to use the cios you installed. Make sure you choose the right slot.

Just tried that, didn't work. Any other cIos or Ios that I should try?

b2cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Any good tut out there that explains how to use Mighty Channels? The instructions that come with it still talk about Triiforce. I don't want to mess about and end up bricking my wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8