FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xakota said:
If i go on WFC with a backup game, will I get banned? Is there any way to avoid it?
You can play online, that's no problem. Simply make sure that you don't have cheats enabled, with cheats you can get banned.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick question, I transfered 20 games to my HDD (FAT32 partition) and forgot to remove update partition of them. Am I losing much HDD space with this? If so is there a way to remove this partition without tranfering it back to my pc?

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might sound stupid, but do Wii games have anti-piracy? I ask because lots of people are saying Metroid: Other M runs fine, and it was just released and I don't see any "AP patch" Threads anywhere. It's just kind of weird because NDS releases always have tons of AP

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I know this has been asked before but is there any way to use the multiplayer in Metroid Prime trilogy when loading off USB? Ive heard that you can do it if it's burned to a dvd, but Id rather use USB loading. If you can't than is it impossible or has no one bothered to fix it?

If it has to be loaded from a DVD than can I use a program like wiiscrubber to remove MP3 (and 1 if necessary) and fit it on to a single layer dvd?

Mirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting games to boot with CFG USB Loader...

So maybe less than a year ago, my brother got the Homebrew channel and some other stuff on his Wii and my Wii. Today I went to the "GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial" and followed its instructions to prepare getting the CFG USB Loader to work, which includes installing IOS236, IOS249, and Herme's. One odd note that I had with Hermes was "Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and push A, Select IOS38 merged with IOS37 and push A" There wasn't that latter option, so I chose the IOS 36 merged with 38 (or maybe vice versa... I don't recall).

Anyways, I installed Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz from the actual disk, and that seemed to install fine on my WBFS partition, USB drive recognized and all. But when I tried to load it, it says "Booting Wii game, please wait..." "IOS429" and it freezes there. I also tried IOS222-mload, but I get an error saying that IOS222-mload v2 is not supported. I also tried both these methods with Metroid: Other M as well, as well as reinstalling Hermes.

Any suggestions for a newb would be greatly appreciated!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried to load a disk with usbloader gx and it's still asking for a usb drive. is there anyway around that or no?

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install cIOS rev 17 over rev 20? For some reason im getting weird classic controller and an arcade stick behavior after I installed rev 20.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could cIOS rev 20b change compatibility of an HDD that used to work pefectly on rev 14? As in now after rev 20b either classic controller or arcade stick tends to behave weird with Tatsunoko vs capcom, specially in the button config menu, but from a 4GB pendrive it works perfectly. Thats using either USBloader GX or Wiiflow... The HDD is a maxtor one touch III mini 100GB. Thanks in advance!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cafevincent said:
Does the Wii support the new 64GB SD cards?
Those are SDXC, right? If so, no. If they're just SDHC, then yes.

QUOTE(joybeba6679 @ Sep 17 2010, 09:08 PM) Could cIOS rev 20b change compatibility of an HDD that used to work pefectly on rev 14? As in now after rev 20b either classic controller or arcade stick tends to behave weird with Tatsunoko vs capcom, specially in the button config menu, but from a 4GB pendrive it works perfectly. Thats using either USBloader GX or Wiiflow... The HDD is a maxtor one touch III mini 100GB. Thanks in advance!
Just use IOS222 for that game.

kalexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother recently ran an update from a game which updated the Wii to 4.3U. Before I had it soft modded on 3.3 (or 3.2 cant remember). Its been awhile since I touched it, so i can barely remember what I did.

Everything still runs fine, the Wiiware games I can still see on the individual channels and can still play them. I just dont see the USB Loader software.

Could someone please point me in the right direction to get USB loader running again?

Thanks!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kalexe said:
My brother recently ran an update from a game which updated the Wii to 4.3U. Before I had it soft modded on 3.3 (or 3.2 cant remember). Its been awhile since I touched it, so i can barely remember what I did.

Everything still runs fine, the Wiiware games I can still see on the individual channels and can still play them. I just dont see the USB Loader software.

Could someone please point me in the right direction to get USB loader running again?

Thanks!
The modding guide in the stickies, or ModMii.

willt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2E wii with cfg loader (PAL) softmod only
can playing ntsc games off the hard drive give me problems?
i keep reading conflicting information
thanks

koozyk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly dont know how to do anything from putting homebrew on my computer to the usbloader. All i want is to be able to play wii games off a hard drive without having them, can someone please tell me how to load everything up on my wii.

someone help me with the hard drive thing and how to get games and such please.
im on 4.3u

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
koozyk said:
I honestly dont know how to do anything from putting homebrew on my computer to the usbloader. All i want is to be able to play wii games off a hard drive without having them, can someone please tell me how to load everything up on my wii.

someone help me with the hard drive thing and how to get games and such please.
im on 4.3u
http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/home Follow that guide or use one of the ones in the wii hacking stickies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1