What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3bggoat said:
ok, so i started from scratch followed all the steps in the sticky thing, installed all the cIOS bs and did the mios patches. I am STILL getting disc read error 1053 for both the GC and WII back ups, what does this mean? I checked my serial number and my drive is good to go, am I burning them incorrectly? Am i using bad discs? I used imgburn and did the verify thing, which I think is what's wrong because it won't verify them, help me plz

The serial number check isn't always accurate

Hakoda said:
I have a hardmod (WiiKey 2 FW1.3) and a system menu hack for region free (StartPatch 4.2.6). A couple of days ago everything was fine but now half my games don't work (Unable to read disc error) and I haven't done anything differently. I'm on 4.2U btw.
Maybe your drive is going bad

udoncat said:
What's the optimum size for a WBFS drive for usbloaders? For formatting to WBFS which tool do you recommend and from what format to it?
There's no optimum size. Use a USB Loader to format to WBFS

QUOTE(BrokenHearted @ May 16 2010, 12:38 PM) Hello. I have a few questions. I have a modded Wii, but I guess that's not important. I'm at firmware 4.2 and I've "hacked" my wii using this guide: http://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/les-tut...tml#post1518629

I'm just interested in playing games on an external hard drive. I was looking at the faq and I couldn't understand how I should format my drive. It seems USB Loader GX supports USB and NTFS, so if I just install USB Loader GX and format my hard drive NTSF, will I be able to play the games by just putting the ISOs onto the hard drive?

The guide keeps saying that WBFS is recommended and that few loaders are compatible with NTFS, but there are a few that are (and USB Loader GX and WiiFlow both are, WiiFlow was recommended to me).

If I want to format to WBFS, how exactly do I do that? The guide just says to format to it but doesn't say how. I've looked and found that there are quite a few WBFS Managers that allow you to do it, but which one is best? I have a 320 G hard drive that I can use just for the Wii, so I don't have to worry about partitioning.

And if I format WBFS, what do I have to do with the game ISOs? I mean, do I have to convert them to another format? How does that work? It wasn't quite clear. My computer knowledge is limited.

Okay, thanks.

Check my answer to udoncat's question

QUOTE(3bggoat @ May 16 2010, 05:16 PM)
Ok, update on my situation, I got neogamma to recognize the backups (no more 1053 bs) however I'm getting a green screen when i try and play it? wtf? Can I get some help here please
Are you forcing a video mode?

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So guys, Pokemon Black/White ISN'T for 3DS right?
frown.gif

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gordinio said:
doeo said:
So guys, Pokemon Black/White ISN'T for 3DS right?
frown.gif
It's for DS, unless they change their mind. And BTW, you've posted this in the Wii-Backup Loaders section.

Oops xD
I was way in a hurry and didn't care to watch out which section I posted in.
Thanks for the quick reply anyway
Hopefully I won't do the same mistake
tongue.gif

3bggoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3bggoat said:
Ok, update on my situation, I got neogamma to recognize the backups (no more 1053 bs) however I'm getting a green screen when i try and play it? wtf? Can I get some help here please

No, should I be? It's a gamecube game, if that helps?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3bggoat said:
3bggoat said:

Do you have a cMIOS

3bggoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
3bggoat said:
3bggoat said:

Do you have a cMIOS

Yeah I ran the mios patcher thing that was in the stickies I've gotten a wii games working but this gc game is being a real pain, might it just be a bad iso?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3bggoat said:
Gordinio said:
3bggoat said:
3bggoat said:

Do you have a cMIOS

Yeah I ran the mios patcher thing that was in the stickies I've gotten a wii games working but this gc game is being a real pain, might it just be a bad iso?
Try running Waninkoko's cMIOS v5 installer.

3bggoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
3bggoat said:
Gordinio said:
3bggoat said:
3bggoat said:

Do you have a cMIOS

Try running Waninkoko's cMIOS v5 installer.

Nvm, got it working, thank you very very very much

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about the same as above, will these discs work for gamecube backups?

KHYPER-DVDPR-200-unit.jpg

KHypermedia 2.4x 4.7GB 120-Minute DVD+R Media

Update : I tried it out, burned at 4x speed and my gamecube backups work proper. Is good deal.

stayphrosty

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay guys, i have successfully softmodded my wii, but i'm now having trouble with pikmin. yes, it is the wii version of the game, not the GC one, so i dont think that's the problem. I'm using my sd card, and i have cios 38 r 17. Also,Ii have neogamma r8. I have gotten games to work before but now pikmin either loads to a green screen or black and white and flickering so i cant even see anything, depending on my region options. I'm hoping someone can help me fix the black and white flickering thing. ty in advance.

its

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just setup my wii with basic HBC , Darkcorp, Neogamma

I want to know which is the best USB loader for Wii and WBFS Manager to transfer my .iso files to a HDD and read it on Wii an play.. There are many options so I am confused..

Can someone suggest which is the best combo option for Windows 7 and which looks good on Wii??

Thanks

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
Hi quick question, I have most of my games backed up on my computer but they take up to much space (eg. wii sports, new super mario bros wii, etc.) when they are on my HDD (PC) they are 4.37 GB but when they are on the Wii HDD (usb loader) they are much small (as you already know). I know WiiScrubber can shrink(trim) games but will they still work if i transfer them to my Wii HDD (WBFS)? This is probably a really newbie question.

TL;DR Will trimmed ISOs still work on my WBFS Hard drive when copied from PC?

EDIT

Maybe i should have tried it out first before posting, so i did and they do work so please disregard this post. Cheers
happy.gif

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
derfman24 said:
Queston: I was wondering if you can burn games to DVD+R discs?
Yes, you can burn up to 4.7GB worth of GameCube games to a DVD±R. I would use the "Wii-Gamecube Multigame ISO Creator" to combine the games to one big ISO or GCM file and burn it using IMGBurn. You can download the ISO Creator from here: http://filetrip.net/f9781-Wii-Gamecube-Mul...tor-3-5-4F.html

If you are talking Wii games you can burn those to a DVD±R as well but I don't know how to, or if you even can, burn multiple Wii games to a single disc as I just use a USB Loader on my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU