• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do I uninstall hermes' cIOS's? or which loader(s) will work with v5? USBLoaderGX was complaining about how it only supported v4, but all I could find was v5.

and what about that cIOS then? which one do I go with there?

Or to put it more simply, any quick utilities to help revirginize the Wii so I can start from fresh?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... now I feel insanely stupid.

After the restore (and getting back from work) I fired up cfg USB Loader through HBC. As a trial, I had it install a game for me.

I had no idea I was supposed to put the games in a wbfs folder, as it showed up there.

For now, going to try some of the iso's I had available too, to make sure that is what was the issue.
ohmy.gif

sknot

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
smile.gif

Sorry for being a noob but I really want to be sure before I do anything stupid. I want to hack my brother's Wii but I'm very worried about what might happen if he were to update the firmware on his own because he's very young. I really don't want to risk a brick.

So my question is : is it possible to install homebrew channel and backup/usb loader while still doing the official firmware updates (through the games, my Wii isn't connected to the Internet) ?

I could just play my backups (my Mario Galaxy was destroyed so I have to use one) and then format the Wii every time my brother wants to use it but it's not very convenient...

Thanks !

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie question:

Just installed my Netflix disc onto the HDD used by USB Loader GX. Used "crap" to make a channel for it, and installed the .wad file through Wad Manager v1.31. However, when I click on the new channel on my main menu, it simply brings me into the main USB Loader GX screen, instead of going straight to Netflix. Any idea what I may have done wrong, and how to fix it? Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sknot said:
Hello
smile.gif

Sorry for being a noob but I really want to be sure before I do anything stupid. I want to hack my brother's Wii but I'm very worried about what might happen if he were to update the firmware on his own because he's very young. I really don't want to risk a brick.

So my question is : is it possible to install homebrew channel and backup/usb loader while still doing the official firmware updates (through the games, my Wii isn't connected to the Internet) ?

I could just play my backups (my Mario Galaxy was destroyed so I have to use one) and then format the Wii every time my brother wants to use it but it's not very convenient...

Thanks !

u can use THIS GUIDE to update to 4.2, but to stop disk updates just use a system menu hack, using either priiloader or startpatch. But the new firmware is fully hackable, so even if he updates by accident, u can rehack it.

sknot

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much
smile.gif

I guess I'll install priiloader then, but I read the Wii interface is changed because of this homebrew, is it possible to keep the native interface with priiloader installed?

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I install Opera browser for my Wii ?

I already modded by following the xzxero guide.
I cannot access the Wii Shop Channel since my region is not supported by Nintendo
frown.gif

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have Multi-Mod Manager as an app, is there any point in keeping the DOP-Mii app since MMM basically does the same thing and more? If so, what would it be?

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devil May Cry said:
I have a question regarding Ocarina. How exactly can I get Ocarina codes working in NeoGamma R8 beta 17 (or USBLoader GX for that matter)? I'm using CIOS 249rev17 currently and I just want to get max money in No More Heroes 1.

Also, would it be worth it to update to the newest version Waninkoko's CIOS?

Lastly, what must I do in order to play WiiWare/VC games? I've never seen a loader for it so presume it must installed or something. A link to a walkthrough would be great if possible.

Thanks!

Re-asking the above questions. Also, is there a way to create a bootmii.ini? I deleted mine on accident and now a new one isn't being generated by Bootmii or the Config editor.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Devil May Cry said:
Devil May Cry said:
I have a question regarding Ocarina. How exactly can I get Ocarina codes working in NeoGamma R8 beta 17 (or USBLoader GX for that matter)? I'm using CIOS 249rev17 currently and I just want to get max money in No More Heroes 1.

Lastly, what must I do in order to play WiiWare/VC games? I've never seen a loader for it so presume it must installed or something. A link to a walkthrough would be great if possible.

Thanks!

Re-asking the above questions. Also, is there a way to create a bootmii.ini? I deleted mine on accident and now a new one isn't being generated by Bootmii or the Config editor.
Try this

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Devil May Cry said:
Devil May Cry said:

Thanks!

Try this
Cool, seemed to work. Any ideas on my other three questions, if I may ask?

mickle026

Trophies
XP
Country
This might not sound like a newbie question, but i am (just picked up some of the stuff quite well -i think)

I might be sort of answering my own question here, but i want to ask has anyone got black screen problems with some disc images and a usb loader?

I have a black 4.2 soft modded wii, i have installed:
priiloader
homebrew via bannerbomb
bootmii
usbloader gx
configurable usb loader
all sorts of apps

i have a backup of the nand, and done all the IOS stuff with waninkokos tools and have up to the latest IOS38rev19 installed.

My HDD for Usb is a western digital elements 1tb

Everything was fine and all games worked when it used the whole disk as a wbfs partiton, but i repartitioned it so i could have a fat 32 partition in order to try wiisx iso's (as sd card not big enough) and since repartitioning a few games stop with black screen at load (as if there is no disc) - its probably 15 out of 100 of them. The games worked before repartitoning so i dont think its the wii. Re-installing a few of the games has fixed some of them but some stubbornly remain not working.
I had done the original partitioning in linux, i alterd it to multi-partition with windows xp.

I have tried alternate dols and country/video settings but the error seems to come back to the harddisk, when trying alternate dol's in some images it says no dol found or could not find wbfs partition, when other games are fine. I checked with wiiscrubber and the dols are there so i have extracted them to alt-dols and tried them with th same results.

Im going to try puttin the disk back to 1 partiton next (i dont want to but thats the nxt option i feel).

Does anyone have any advice on this issue other than put the wbfs partition back to full disk?

mickle026

Trophies
XP
Country
like i said, answered my own question.

I deleted all partitions from my drive, recreated just one whole drive wbfs partition and reinstalled the non-working games, and the offending games work again.

Is this a known issue with mor than one partition on a usb disk?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0