• Views 512,765
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Augh, I formatted my HDD to wbfs on the Wii, then dumped a few games, messed something up so i quick formatted to Ntfs in windows. So I go back to the usb loader(coverfloader by beardface) and it loads up with all my old games plus all these blank games, and trying to load each one results in a black screen. Now my computer doesn't recognize the drive to format again so i'm screwed. Anyone know how to go about this?

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
hello im a newbie with some question which i apreciate if somebody answer to them.
I have a wii (niece's wii) running the 3.3u, i used bannerbomb plus bootmii to install the HBC also install dvdx the version that comes in bootmii package.
I know i need a CIOS to run any of the backup launchers but it wouldnt be any problems because of the dvdx installation? I've got the CIOS38 Rev13 but when i launch it with HBC in the menu said "select the ios version to use during instalation " so i just leave by default or move to ios38 because is on ios37 ?? by the way is the CUSTOM IOS INSTALLER developed by Waninkoko,WiiGAtor,
my question this wont overwrite the dvdx install ???i did some research and doesnt all the CIOS go to the IOS249 space ???
also when i press the home buttom in HBC there is a IOS37 V8.22 is this a CIOS that comes with dvdx???this because i use the MPlayer which i really love no more burning dvds to whatch my series will i be able to continue to use this fantastic application??
I realy apreciate if someone could help me.
Thanks in adavances for ur help.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Aphoristic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I followed a guide to get Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma installed. I have honstely got no idea what is wrong, but two things.

First, when I try to launch a game with it, Cod:WaW to be exact, it seems to work only half the time. The other half it gives me error 386. And when I'm in the game some times it will freeze or give a disc read error. Any explainations for these events and how to fix them?

The other problem is with the Conduit which I was playing before installing the channel. After installing it I can nolonger play the conduit. If I try the disc channel it wants me to update my wii which is already at 4.0, and I'm guessing updating it would mess up something. If I try my alternative of running it with Gecko, it just freezes and won't load. Any help?

Here is the guide I followed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTBLau2yTM

I had system menu 4.0 at the start and it still says it is. Now please, help (use great detail if possible)?

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, I have Mario Galaxy on a disc, and patched, but when I load it on the Neogamma and 0.3 Gamma, all I get is a black screen, can anyone help? All the rest of my games work.

Also, I cant get Fifa Street and Pokemon Colloseum working on Gamecube backup launcher 0.2 beta and the Neogamma, Fifa stops loading when I try to play a match and Colloseum is just a blank screen.

cu_shane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AquaGod said:
Okay, quick question. I am trying to update my Wii with a new cIOS and with NeoGamma r6.. (what I downloaded from wiipower). The cIOS I downloaded was from wiipower as well and it is cIOS38_rev13. And NeoGammar6HBC. This is safe to do right? And a little guide just telling me how to put on my SD card and what to install on my wii once SD card is in. Currently i have wiigators backup launcher 3.0 on my wii.

There are a bunch of guides out there. Here's one: http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connec...hard-drive.html

cu_shane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireFreek said:
Also, after i formatted my drive I can't assign a drive letter in Windows(i expected it), which doesn't let me manage the drive using wbfs managers. Anyone know how to assign a drive letter? I need to add some games. (I also have linux, so that's an option)

You should have assigned a drive letter before you formatted it it to wbfs. Some people first format the drive to fat32 and some create a raw partition -- either way you assign a drive letter at that time. Then when you convert it to wbfs, the letter stays.

You may want to try Easeus partition manager -- I don't know if it can do it or not, but it's free so it's worth a shot.

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireFreek said:
Augh, I formatted my HDD to wbfs on the Wii, then dumped a few games, messed something up so i quick formatted to Ntfs in windows. So I go back to the usb loader(coverfloader by beardface) and it loads up with all my old games plus all these blank games, and trying to load each one results in a black screen. Now my computer doesn't recognize the drive to format again so i'm screwed. Anyone know how to go about this?

CompuApps Swiss Knife, its free and it lets you format almost anything to any format, i used to change a 1TB hdd from ntfs back to fat32
tongue.gif
, also you should be able to see the non drive letter having drive under disk management in windows, but if not try swiss knife

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Mario kart wii on my WBFS Manager, but at 75%, it stops and says its done , but when i put it on to play, nothing happens it just says " the game fifle isnt here! check on your SD/USB!"
Any Idea how to fix it?

and what about the neogamma DVD Read error? why is that?

dobiwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
dobiwan said:
dobiwan said:
I've got a Wii (3.1E) with a Wasabi mod chip, it's been collecting dust for a roughly half a year, but I thought I should give Boom Blox Bash Party a try. But when I try to run the backed-up game it won't load the disc. The .iso file has (compresed) in the name, what does that mean and what shall I do to get the backup running?
I've tried another game with (compresed) in the file name, and that went good. So it can't be the the compression thats the issue. Anyone care to helpe me out?
Now I've tried with another release of the game put stil doesn't work, do I need CIOS to run burned games on moded dvd-drive? Or should I update my wii to newer version?

dengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, Ive been out of the Wii scene since Gamma .3 was released and 3.2U firmware. I get back on and I see USB Loaders?!?! There is so much info out there now Im totally lost. Where can I start reading from the beginning so I can catch up and what is the latest firmware and Homebrew I need so I can get back in it. Thanks in advance.

dobiwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
mestapho said:
What happens when you try to load the game? Where does it crash/hang?
When insert the disc nothing happens, if I move closely to the Wii I can hear the disc spinning, but the "disc channel" will not load at all. No hang ups or freez or anything.

DeadX95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when using the USB Loader GX, does the USB drive have to have an internal power source?
i tried out my USB flash drive stick to see if it worked, and it didn't.
I have cIOS249rev9 installed on my wii, so that isn't the problem.

also, which usb port must the drive be plugged in to when the wii is facing you? (Left or right)

DeadX95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:
i got some weird stuff going on. when i use the USB loader channel, it comes up and my usb drive says cannot be formatted on all 4 partitions. if i try and format, i get a code dump.
on the homebrew app, however, i format it just fine. the problem is that it says i have 0000g of 0000g remaining. if i try to create an iso , i get a code dump. I am using a USB stick with only 938 megabytes at the moment as a test, so if that's the problem then i'll use a bigger drive. i have cIOS249rev13a installed on my wii. what am i doing wrong?

sylvanman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I followed about 3 guides and where one guide didnt seem to work i tried another one. And now eventually i have gotten preloader and neogamma to work. but if i start up Neogamma and select launch dvd it comes up with the error message: Error reading dvd (670)

Im using system menu 4.0E and i've burned the game on a dvd-rw at burn speed 1x

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated