• Views 514,728
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

detourne_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I partition a 16Gb SDHC card with 2Gb in NTFS or Fat32, and the rest in WBFS? Would this work for both my homebrew as well as a usb loader?

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I have a virgin Wii with latest (v4) update and I want the USB Loader GX channel. I suppose I need to use the bannerbomb exploit. Is it so simple that I just put the bannerbomb and GX loader on the same SD and install?

EdgeJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm completely new to the homebrew thing. Only just installed the channel this afternoon.

I've got the CoverFlow app on my Wii, but it's not working, I think it's because I haven't got cIOS 10 installed.

How do I install that? Whenever I try doing a network installation I get a 2011 error, I've also tried install it banner bomb style, but again with the same error.

Bearing in mind that I'm on 4.0E on my Wii, and homebrew channel 1.4 if that helps.

defanation

Trophies
XP
Country
When I format my hard drive using USB Loader 1.4, I can't see or access it in Windows at all (using WBFS Manager).

When I format my hard drive using WBFS Manager, USB Loader doesn't recognize it as properly formatted.

What am I doing wrong?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
detourne_me said:
Can I partition a 16Gb SDHC card with 2Gb in NTFS or Fat32, and the rest in WBFS? Would this work for both my homebrew as well as a usb loader?
No, SD(HC) cards cannot be formatted

Silent Storm said:
Is there any way i can use the latest GeckoOS with backup loader gamma to load brawl+ codes over 256 lines?
install the cIOS brawl requires (or cIOSCorp) and you can run the backup with geckoOs

cafevincent said:
I have a virgin Wii with latest (v4) update and I want the USB Loader GX channel. I suppose I need to use the bannerbomb exploit. Is it so simple that I just put the bannerbomb and GX loader on the same SD and install?
Use bannerbomb to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) (you can use this). then you need to install cIOS36r9 (found on http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko , see also the problem below if you have it). If you did that you can run the Usbloader with the HBC.

QUOTE(EdgeJ @ May 26 2009, 04:26 PM) Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm completely new to the homebrew thing. Only just installed the channel this afternoon.

I've got the CoverFlow app on my Wii, but it's not working, I think it's because I haven't got cIOS 10 installed.

How do I install that? Whenever I try doing a network installation I get a 2011 error, I've also tried install it banner bomb style, but again with the same error.

Bearing in mind that I'm on 4.0E on my Wii, and homebrew channel 1.4 if that helps.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735
downgrade, install the cIOS and then re-update if you want

QUOTE(defanation @ May 26 2009, 06:03 PM)
When I format my hard drive using USB Loader 1.4, I can't see or access it in Windows at all (using WBFS Manager).

When I format my hard drive using WBFS Manager, USB Loader doesn't recognize it as properly formatted.

What am I doing wrong?
Try another backup loader (like usbloader GX or coverflow)

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
OK I have another issue.

I did everything and got my backup brawl working with GeckoOS but now I have problems with the screen, when I set it to PAL50 forced some of the screen is cut off (percentage box is cut off) and when I set it to PAL60 Forced it crashes with a black screen.

Any help?

intro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, ive been using wii loader for import games and a few others, but i recently downloaded Disaster(PAL), if i run it straight from the wii loader it runs in black and white and i cant save files properly. How do i activate the menu of the gamma loader(once i got it to appear by accident) to force NTSC?.I got gamma loader 0.3 and it works fine with everything else(even my original NTSC games). Also, what happens with GLOBAL games?they gotta force ntsc too?thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Aldo
I didnt upgrade my wii further than 3.3

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
intro94 said:
Hi, ive been using wii loader for import games and a few others, but i recently downloaded Disaster(PAL), if i run it straight from the wii loader it runs in black and white and i cant save files properly. How do i activate the menu of the gamma loader(once i got it to appear by accident) to force NTSC?.I got gamma loader 0.3 and it works fine with everything else(even my original NTSC games). Also, what happens with GLOBAL games?they gotta force ntsc too?thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Aldo
I didnt upgrade my wii further than 3.3
To activate the menu, run it with the HBC or press and hold 1 after you press start on the channel.
And what do you mean with global games?
If you put force NTSC to on, the next time it will be off again, but if you get one with auto-force NTSC it will stay active. Forcing NTSC games to NTSC has no effect.

MidLevel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue I didn't think I'd run into.

Doesn't matter what USB loading app I use, it will refuse to recognize the ISOs of games that I didn't rip myself. I ripped Wii Music off a disc I burned for testing and it works fine, but the 4 ISOs I put on the HD aren't recognized, it thinks the drive is empty! And when I check it on WBSF Manager it shows the ones that are supposedly on there but not the ones I've ripped?

Help will be appreciated!!!

admiralsfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i download USB loader GX and when i plug in my external harddrive, nothing happens, and it says something like "waiting for a device" and then gives me a code dump, what do i have to do to get it to work?
thanks!

TheResidentEvil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using USB loader 1.5 with a 250GB hard drive. My question is does USB loader ignore the update partition on the ISO or do I need to be running brickblocker on them. I have a 3.2U wii with cIOS rev 10 installed.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
admiralsfan said:
Ok i download USB loader GX and when i plug in my external harddrive, nothing happens, and it says something like "waiting for a device" and then gives me a code dump, what do i have to do to get it to work?
thanks!
The usb should be plugged in before you boot your wii (or before you boot the usb loader)
Also if it does not contain a WBFS partition already, it needs a FAT partition to format it

QUOTE(TheResidentEvil @ May 27 2009, 07:25 PM) I am using USB loader 1.5 with a 250GB hard drive. My question is does USB loader ignore the update partition on the ISO or do I need to be running brickblocker on them. I have a 3.2U wii with cIOS rev 10 installed.
USB loader does not run updates, so its safe to use

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a query about usb loaders...I want to repartition my 1tb usb drive so that I can use it for both windows and the wii. If I use partition magic and create a separate partition for my win files will this partition also be formatted if I connect the drive to the wii and run the usb loader? Or does the loader allow me to select what partition I want to use for it and not mess with the rest of the drive?

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
collectedsoul said:
I have a query about usb loaders...I want to repartition my 1tb usb drive so that I can use it for both windows and the wii. If I use partition magic and create a separate partition for my win files will this partition also be formatted if I connect the drive to the wii and run the usb loader? Or does the loader allow me to select what partition I want to use for it and not mess with the rest of the drive?
I would really like to know this too. Can you do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4