Tall Alien

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at a rom website, theres is a MAME and neogeo section. i mostly use MAME, some roms get converted others dont. do i only use mame, or can i use neods roms too? also why doesn't marvel vs capcom get converted

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
You must use the MAME section, NeoDS is designed to run converted MAME ROMs. NeoGeo ROMs won't, or at the very least shouldn't work; you might get lucky with a ROM that's identical in its MAME and NeoGeo dumps, but it's pointless when you can just get working ROMs from the MAME section.

Marvel vs. Capcom doesn't get converted because it's not a Neo Geo game. NeoDS emulates the Neo Geo AES/MVS, and nothing else.

EDIT: These are Neo Geo games.

Tall Alien

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
You must use the MAME section, NeoDS is designed to run converted MAME ROMs. NeoGeo ROMs won't, or at the very least shouldn't work; you might get lucky with a ROM that's identical in its MAME and NeoGeo dumps, but it's pointless when you can just get working ROMs from the MAME section.

Marvel vs. Capcom doesn't get converted because it's not a Neo Geo game. NeoDS emulates the Neo Geo AES/MVS, and nothing else.

EDIT: These are Neo Geo games.

all those are the ones that work on neoDS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol