Hacking Quick DSTT Question How Many Games

johneem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How many games on a 2 gig card, whats the maths as games vary in size,

I'm sure there's a link somewhere BUT CAN I FIND IT, NO!!!!!

Help please you superior people, thx.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it depends on what games you get,if you get normal maybe 64mb you can store maybe 32 games,it's not about DSTT,its about your sd card
*sighs

johneem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lolzed said:
it depends on what games you get,if you get normal maybe 64mb you can store maybe 32 games,it's not about DSTT,its about your sd card
*sighs

Thanks alot, so if 32 x 64mb = 2048mb I need to take a few games off.. add the MB's and calculate what space for SAV's

Thnks for your help Lolzed this is probably simple stuff to u but I've been putting 25 games on a DSTT and getting errors

with 15 it works ok (same games minus10) just wondered if there were a problem with DSTT

PS - How do I work out SAVE FILE SPACE??

And should I leave a bit spare? Thank u

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
johneem said:
lolzed said:
*sighs

Thanks alot, so if 32 x 64mb = 2048mb I need to take a few games off.. add the MB's and calculate what space for SAV's

Thnks for your help Lolzed this is probably simple stuff to u but I've been putting 25 games on a DSTT and getting errors

with 15 it works ok (same games minus10) just wondered if there were a problem with DSTT

PS - How do I work out SAVE FILE SPACE??

And should I leave a bit spare? Thank u
if your having errors try out the 1.17a07 firmware(search it in this forum or take a look at DSTT website(beware they "stole" it and might've added fakekiller for clones)save files usually take up 512 kb some cases 1mb.if i were you put in the games you really play,others just back it up in pc for future use

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are several considerations. First, the firmware itself takes up some space on your microSD card. Second, the firmware creates a TTMENU.SYS file the first time it runs, which also takes up space. Third, as someone already mentioned, each game differs in size. You can also use a ROM trimmer to reduce the size of most of the games. Fifth, you need to leave some free space on your microSD card for .sav and .arc files (save and cheat files) for each ROM. Each .sav file is 512KB.

Finally, you'll want to put all your games in a "games" folder because there is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root of the microSD card.

You should be able to fit around 30 or 40 games on your microSD card if they're average size.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head