Hardware Quick (and maybe dumb) question

milo1924

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So, i bought a wii u whitout a gamepad and i have a friend that has the gamepad. So, is there a way to leave the web browser's curtains open all the time so i don't need the gamepad anymore after the set up?

milo1924

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks for the guide, i didn't hack the wii u yet but i am going to. the thing is, i just have the wiimote but i don't have the pro controller, and as far as i see, the pro controller is only needed to open the curtains. i`m planning to install mocha (because i don't have a DS game) that need the web browser, so, that's my question, Can i leave the curtains open all the time so i don't need the gamepad after everything is set up?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so I just tested the browser with only a wiimote and Gamepad far away (to ensure it's completely undetectable).
I was able to launch the browser and even to click on the button "Submit" on the hacking website with "A" button.

That's said, you have to set everything with the Wii U gamepad once (make that page default loading page)
Also you can't access settings without a gamepad.
-Homebrew launcher : works with wiimote
-Wupinstaller Y mod : doesn't work without a Gamepad. Don't think there is a mod that supports a wiimote (yet).

I might suggest you really would want to purchase a DS game for 6$ to have coldboot it's really really worth it on the long run. Also make sure to install everything you need with the borrowed gamepad.

Last edited by depaul,

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly I'd just try to get hold of a gamepad. You're going to find that even if its possible, using it without one if far more trouble than its worth. Things requiring it will just keep showing up.

milo1924

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I know, but i have so little money that i don't have a better choice, i will love a gamepad but the money that i can expend right now is less than 10 bucks.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To buy the DS game you have to use the Wii U e-shop app (there is no way to skip that purchase part!)
About HID I'm not sure never tried that app maybe later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyF2XUm4n8U