Gaming Quick Ace Combat X2 question

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the Ace Combat series. You probably figured that out by my name. But if not...I do. So naturally I'll be wanting to play the new game for PSP. I'm on 5.50 Prometheus right now but with large games I tend to just buy the UMD's because my memory card is only 4GB and I like to keep as much on there as I can. Games like Valkyrie Profile, Crisis Core, etc.

What I want to know is:

A) Will ACX2 work on Prometheus as an ISO/CSO? If so, what sort of file size should I expect?
B) If I buy the disk, will it work on Prometheus, or will it require an update? If so, is there an update on the way to CFW to bypass the issue?
C) I have a spare battery kicking around. Is it true I can make a Pandora Battery using just my existing flashed PSP? How is it done?

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1GB memory stick that can do that for you. For your third question. I do not know how it can be done but I do have the stuff on the 1GB for it to be done. My friend gave me it when he gave me my PSP. Has alot of useful files and etc. in it so I tend to keep it like that.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry....edited out. It's about 1.64 Gb's. Prometheus firmware probably won't work but the plugin may do. You'd be better patching yourself.

It depends what sort of PSP Motherboard you have in your Slim PSP. (All PSP 1000's can softmod batteries). You'd use Cory's OSPBT or some other similar tool. Of course unless it's a genuine battery it may not be pandorable.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it seriously 1.64GB?! I'd have to delete half my collection for that. To hell with it, nt worth the time. Gonna take all damn day to download the patched version (four parts at 450MB zips each) then reconstitution of the actual ISO from the four parts, then deleting damn near everything to make room for it. Worth doing or not? I can't use the UMD because A) It's not out in the UK yet, and B) from what I've heard the UMD requires an update to start, meaning it will F up my 5.50 Prometheus settings, not worth losing 10 games for one.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea why you stick so doggedly with Prometheus, when so many others are already fed up with it. Just learn to flash different firmwares, and either get pre-patched games or patch them yourself. There's no reason why you shouldn't play the game if you have at least a 2Gb stick.

Also that's the JPN multi6 release. The US version may have less languages and be smaller. We'll know tonight/tomorrow.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The multi6 version I found is pre-patched and confirmed working on Prometheus 5.50. It's just gonna kill my memory card to play it. Might just buy a new card, saves deleting things.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm DL'ing this game now,
once it's done i'll see how much junk can be deleted.

you can be pretty sure that the 6.20 or 6.30 update is gonna be 100meg+ just for a start.
also, if yous short on space you should use CSO's

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as i can gather the current release has full Japanese and English audio. I'm sure the US release on the PSN today will be smaller.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All academic now anyway as the connection just died, and now it won't re-establish. Meaning I have half the game. Decided to just say 'Fuck it' and make some lunch instead, it's not worth the hassle. Besides, ACX ran slow as hell or had problems with audio files cropping up in the wrong places, so if this is much the same I'd delete it anyway. Screw it, will wait until there's a new CFW that can allow the UMD to run without an update, then buy the damn thing.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You had issues with your ACX because you opted for a ripped and compressed version to save space. If you'd gone with a standard ISO then it'd have been fine.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are all the latest games like this? I am worried if my CFW can handle it. I currently have 5.50 Prometheus. Should I downgrade to 5.00 m33? I don't know how to patch and etc. and I don't plan on doing so. I just want the CFW that can offer me the best experience in compatibility and more. Also sorry about my earlier post I felt stupid when I re-read it. I can still offer you the memory stick but I just request that you send it back.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
you want to downgrade to m33 or a GEN without decryption.

then get or make iso's with the prometheus patch built in.
the patch is much newer than the firmware or plugin.

Blaze163 - your gonna have a long wait if you want 6.20/6.30CFW - i doubt it will ever happen.
we have great firmware,
we have the prometheus patch.

the other stuff in the new firmware is just gonna get ripped & converted for CFM seperatly.
the comic reader is being beta tested on the chinese forums with m33 & gen for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)