Questions regarding EMUMMC partition and modding

dumbest_modder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time modding my switch, I originally just wanted to generate pokemon for myself to make my pokemon sword playthrough a little more interesting. I found out that it's very easy to get banned for using mods online if I’m not careful enough. So when modding my switch and installing tesla atmosphere for 18.1.0 I created a partition of my microUSB to isolate my activities and gen pokemon completely offline to avoid being banned. However, it seems the updates needed to open Pokémon SWSH and make save file adjustments are still on the other partition of my microUSB drive. Is there any way to move my save file and related game files between partitions to keep my activity from being banned/is there a reliable way to protect myself against nintendo servers while still downloading the update I need to run the game and create/pull my save files from it?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Afaik, there is no easy way to do this and there isn't an easy tool for it.

If you modded your Switch without an emmummc, then the save files are stored the internal (NAND/EMMC) memory.
With tools like Checkpoint or GoldLeaf you can grab such files if you have a custom firmware running.
If not, then you can make a dump of the NAND/EMMC memory, mount that on a PC and grab the save files.
After that you need to put them on your emummc but that should be possible by putting them on the SD card an use Checkpoint/GoldLeaf.
Grabbing updates is a whole other story and I maybe going to your favorite pirate site and get the updates from there would be the easiest solution. *harhar*

dumbest_modder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik, there is no easy way to do this and there isn't an easy tool for it.

If you modded your Switch without an emmummc, then the save files are stored the internal (NAND/EMMC) memory.
With tools like Checkpoint or GoldLeaf you can grab such files if you have a custom firmware running.
If not, then you can make a dump of the NAND/EMMC memory, mount that on a PC and grab the save files.
After that you need to put them on your emummc but that should be possible by putting them on the SD card an use Checkpoint/GoldLeaf.
Grabbing updates is a whole other story and I maybe going to your favorite pirate site and get the updates from there would be the easiest solution. *harhar*
How exactly would I make a dump? also I haven't tried goldleaf, but I've tried checkpoint and i think my small microusb storage keeps me from being able to run it. It doesn't open at all and I only have about 17 gigs on it iirc

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used an EMUMMC ever for years until I bricked the EMMC of my new Mariko and had to rebuild it without a prior NAND dump (another mistake).

Before the Mariko, I had an Erista, which was promptly banned due to me not blocking Nintendo properly.
This year, I traded up for a Mariko, which was fine with Atmosphere's advanced blocking techniques, and was fine for 3 months before setting up that EMUMMC. I also booted into stock FW on accident a couple of times too. (With my modchip + autoboot, it's hold VOL- to boot into Hekate, VOL+ to boot into Stock, and nothing for the default CFW)

While using an EMUMMC is a bit of a pain, bricking your regular EMMC is even worse, and a little much for the average user to fix. It took me like a week to learn and figure out the multi step process to unbrick it.

I know this might not be possible for you, but I recommend buying physical and using a second Switch for online if that's your thing. I would be very careful about being banned if you have purchased any digital games and have online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol