ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Went over the ReiNX install guide and I wanted to ask a few questions before starting.

1) Should I update to 6.0.0 before or after I install ReiNX?
2) I understand that updating afterwards requires a reliable jig to keep my fuses. Where should I go to get one?
3) What should I watch out for as far as being online and avoiding a ban? Can I still use the eShop and/or play online?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Went over the ReiNX install guide and I wanted to ask a few questions before starting.

1) Should I update to 6.0.0 before or after I install ReiNX?
2) I understand that updating afterwards requires a reliable jig to keep my fuses. Where should I go to get one?
3) What should I watch out for as far as being online and avoiding a ban? Can I still use the eShop and/or play online?

BEFORE CFW MAKE A NAND BACKUP

1) Depends on your current firmware, if 4.1 or lower, then update using ChoidujourNX and autoRCM. above that update normally

2) Or you use the method above. The key thing for not burning fuses after an update is to prevent the nintendo bootloader from launcher. this is done by using RCM/AutoRCM and CFW. As for where to get a decent jig, probably ebay somewhere of if you wanna wait a while then the dragoninjector could be good

3) Do not use your CFW online. Best way to prevent contact with nintendos servers is to use 90dns if you need to be online. Some games will still work online with this method, others don't. This doesn't affect local wireless play.
Ultimately we don't know what nintendo looks for when doing the bans, but there is a fairly detailed thing on banning HERE

Last edited by Adran_Marit,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*