quadomatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm finally going to get in on backup loading. I wanted to make sure about some stuff before I go through with it.

I plan on installing wiigator 0.3 gamma. I have a zip that was uploaded with the cIOS and channels and w/e you need.

I haven't updated my Wii in a long time (haven't used my wii in a very long time either). I don't actually remember when it was...I know I've never had problems getting HBC to work though. Do I need to worry about anything relating to firmware before I install the new IOS and the wiigator channel?

Anything else I ought to know?

Thanks

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quadomatic said:
So I'm finally going to get in on backup loading. I wanted to make sure about some stuff before I go through with it.

I plan on installing wiigator 0.3 gamma. I have a zip that was uploaded with the cIOS and channels and w/e you need.

I haven't updated my Wii in a long time (haven't used my wii in a very long time either). I don't actually remember when it was...I know I've never had problems getting HBC to work though. Do I need to worry about anything relating to firmware before I install the new IOS and the wiigator channel?

Thanks

If you haven't upgraded your Wii since Oct 23rd then you'll be fine. You won't have any troubles as long as you're on 3.3 or lower (If you're on 3.3, make sure that you CANNOT access the Wii Shop Channel - if you haven't upgraded since Oct 23rd then you shouldn't be able to).
For anyone running softmods exclusively, its recommended that you stay on 3.2 firmware, have starfall installed and keep the Twilight Hack savefile on your wii.
Good luck!

cheech794

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prawnmatic said:
quadomatic said:

Thanks

If you haven't upgraded your Wii since Oct 23rd then you'll be fine. You won't have any troubles as long as you're on 3.3 or lower (If you're on 3.3, make sure that you CANNOT access the Wii Shop Channel - if you haven't upgraded since Oct 23rd then you shouldn't be able to).
For anyone running softmods exclusively, its recommended that you stay on 3.2 firmware, have starfall installed and keep the Twilight Hack savefile on your wii.
Good luck!

Just like he said, make sure you haven't updated the wii and the backup launcher should work just fine as long as you have the correct cIOS and everything else that comes with the launcher that you downloaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ