Questions before I install backup loader stuff

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by quadomatic, Nov 21, 2008.

1. quadomatic
    OP

Member quadomatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I'm finally going to get in on backup loading. I wanted to make sure about some stuff before I go through with it.

I plan on installing wiigator 0.3 gamma. I have a zip that was uploaded with the cIOS and channels and w/e you need.

I haven't updated my Wii in a long time (haven't used my wii in a very long time either). I don't actually remember when it was...I know I've never had problems getting HBC to work though. Do I need to worry about anything relating to firmware before I install the new IOS and the wiigator channel?

Anything else I ought to know?

Thanks

2. Prawnmatic

Newcomer Prawnmatic Member

Australia
    If you haven't upgraded your Wii since Oct 23rd then you'll be fine. You won't have any troubles as long as you're on 3.3 or lower (If you're on 3.3, make sure that you CANNOT access the Wii Shop Channel - if you haven't upgraded since Oct 23rd then you shouldn't be able to).
    For anyone running softmods exclusively, its recommended that you stay on 3.2 firmware, have starfall installed and keep the Twilight Hack savefile on your wii.
    Good luck!

3. cheech794

Member cheech794 GBAtemp Regular

United States

Just like he said, make sure you haven't updated the wii and the backup launcher should work just fine as long as you have the correct cIOS and everything else that comes with the launcher that you downloaded.