GBAtemp's "over quoter"
OP
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you softmod your PS3 with CFW to play games, can you still get on PSN with legitimate games that you have the disc for?

If you softmod your PS3 can you change it back to a softmod-able OFW to get onto PSN?

Thanks.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment, you can't get on PSN if you have CFW, regardless of using a "legitimate" game or not.

The only way to get on PSN is to have OFW 3.60. As of now, once you're on OFW 3.60, there's no way to downgrade or install CFW.

If you do softmod your PS3 with CFW, you can change it back to OFW and use PSN.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
For now, there is a clear cut choice. If you're on 3.55 or below, you either get 3.55 CFW for all your homebrewing/pirating needs, or you update to 3.60 and enjoy full PSN access. If you're on 3.56, you can only update to 3.60 and enjoy full PSN access.

No other options until 3.60 CFW is completed, and that will only happen when/if they discover the new private key or find a different exploit to use.

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm kinda in this same boat, I haven't really looked into modding my ps3, but only because the door has been wide open up until now and had all the time in the world to ignore it.
I am getting Portal 2 for PS3 tomorrow and need to link it to my steam account, but i need to update my 3.10 to current or I can't do that. I need an opinion on what i should do in the long term, should I update my ps3 or keep it at 3.10? Is there any safe guards I can take before I update? I honestly know nothing about ps3 brew/hacking. If all I'm missing out on is pirating I don't really care, I use my PC for every thing any ways.

I would borrow a ps3 if I had that option.

Please let me know asap, I really want to play portal 2.
Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Portal 2 currently need an OFW 3.60.

If you update to 3.56 or 3.60 you can't hack the console, you can't downgrade either.
Hacked PS3 can only be done on 3.55 or bellow.

You have to choose either :
- PSN+new games. No hack possible.
or
- Hack+Homebrew+Backups+Piracy. NO PSN possible.

Maybe there will be a way to play games requiring fw3.60 on a hacked fw3.55 PS3 later, but for the moment there is no way to do it.
If you can't wait to play Portal2, you will have to update to 3.60 and lose all possibility for future hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night