Hacking Questions about Sky3DS

Annie the Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, I just recently bought Sky3DS and I'm loving it but recently I've been hearing more and more about "bans" and stuff like that so I just had a few questions...

1) Can I get banned for using Sky3DS if I don't go online with games (i.e. just play the story, main game whatever it's called with WiFi on, it does connect to the internet (like it says it on the homescreen), but I never go online with something like Smash Bros., Pokemon, etc.
I mainly play games that are hard to get in the local area like Kirby, Animal Crossing, etc.

2) Is there a way to prevent accidental pressing of the button while I'm playing a game, especially when I've got the system (New 3DS (non-XL)) closed?

Annie

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I just recently bought Sky3DS and I'm loving it but recently I've been hearing more and more about "bans" and stuff like that so I just had a few questions...

1) Can I get banned for using Sky3DS if I don't go online with games (i.e. just play the story, main game whatever it's called with WiFi on, it does connect to the internet (like it says it on the homescreen), but I never go online with something like Smash Bros., Pokemon, etc.
I mainly play games that are hard to get in the local area like Kirby, Animal Crossing, etc.

2) Is there a way to prevent accidental pressing of the button while I'm playing a game, especially when I've got the system (New 3DS (non-XL)) closed?

Annie

1 - If you don't go online it doesn't seem you will be banned though to be 100 safe keep it off.
2 - I'm not sure, I just have to wonder how are you people holding you consoles were this is even a thing?

Annie the Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By WiFi on, I mean the wireless switch is on so that I can StreetPass, etc.

And I mean when it's in my pocket, not when I'm playing, when I'm playing the button pressing is not an issue.

I'll keep my Wireless switch off unless I'm out of the house :)

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Annie are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok Annie!? (LOLOL sorry...I suck at life)

Anyways:
1- It's mostly fine to play with wifi on BUT not playing the online sections of the games, although I would really recommend that you use sky with wifi off for now, you shouldn't leave luck to heaven (props if you get that reference =-D).

2- I have yet to discover a method of prevention for that, sadly I dunno how.

Annie the Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I have switched my WiFi off now and will leave it off unless I am out and about (outside of my Wireless range) and using StreetPass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared