Hacking Questions about region conversion (n2DSXL JP -> NA)

Jonathan20022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yesterday I got my LavenderxWhite in from my importer, which is a really awesome color. But I just got it setup with ntrboothax, I didn't do my research unfortunately before buying and didn't realize you couldn't change your language region in the settings without messing with SysNAND.

Luckily I didn't use it much, but from what I gather is that I shouldn't attempt to use the eShop in any way before the conversion because it breaks my access after I convert it to an NA 2DS. I already setup Freeshop and loaded in my backups of my physical games, but a few of them are acting up and giving me errors. I'm assuming it's just because of the region being different from the games.

A few of my backups also weirdly don't display the icon in the main menu when highlighted. The song/jingle plays but the icon doesn't show for a few of them.

Is there anything else I should be aware of before trying this? Anything else to watch out for or prepare, please let me know.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you won't be using the eShop or any existing NNID (NNIDs being more of a disadvantage on 3DS than any gain), no, there's no loss in region changing

A few of my backups also weirdly don't display the icon in the main menu when highlighted. The song/jingle plays but the icon doesn't show for a few of them.
Region/language specific banners which don't happen to include your current setting, nothing special :)

Some games need region spoofing to run indeed, which is completely different from region free

Reactions: Sonansune

Jonathan20022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few of the backups also give me errors when trying to load them (arm11) and another that I'll verify and upload screenshots of later.

And yeah definitely not linking this one, I just wanted to get a spare 2DSXL in case my main one ever breaks and I liked that color a ton. Awesome then, that's good to know!

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not much risk doing it in SysNand if you have B9S and are following the guide. I have a white Japanese N3DS that I changed the region on and have had no problems with it (other than the eshop not working because I had used the Japanese eshop already). Just make sure you backup your SysNand before doing the CTRNand transfer.

Jonathan20022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not much risk doing it in SysNand if you have B9S and are following the guide. I have a white Japanese N3DS that I changed the region on and have had no problems with it (other than the eshop not working because I had used the Japanese eshop already). Just make sure you backup your SysNand before doing the CTRNand transfer.

So if I haven't accessed the eshop on the JP console at all or logged into an account with it, I can access it after the region swap? Thanks for the info guys, gonna give it a go tonight.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So if I haven't accessed the eshop on the JP console at all or logged into an account with it, I can access it after the region swap? Thanks for the info guys, gonna give it a go tonight.

That I'm not sure on but remember to backup your sd card contents and sysnand before doing any modifications! https://3ds.guide/region-changing.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just made the conversion! All the game errors I was having prior are gone now, but eShop access isn't there. Getting the 007-2001 error when I try to get into the eShop, but it's not a huge deal this is mainly my backup unit.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just made the conversion! All the game errors I was having prior are gone now, but eShop access isn't there. Getting the 007-2001 error when I try to get into the eShop, but it's not a huge deal this is mainly my backup unit.
Did you make a NNID for your new region? You also need to change the region in the system settings menu.

Jonathan20022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't make a NNID, but I can do that. And yeah the guide mentioned changing the region and such after the fact! I'm just glad my backups work and I can understand the main menu haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Dick slang